New Battlefield V game would take place in World War II

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Mar 2, 2018.

1. 0blivious

0blivious Ancient Guru

GPU:
    5700XT / GTX1070
    I loved 1942, Vietnam, BF2, 2142... They were moddable, you could get custom maps, you could run your own servers, you could run home servers with bots. Battlefield was my favorite game. We still play '42 and BF2 mods.

The series took a turn for the worse with Bad Company stripping away many core features. It went straight downhill with BF3/Bf4 into gear overload and micro trasnactioned to death for that gear.

I only played the demo of BF1. Game was on sale for $20 last week and I'm still not interested. They're even going to my favorite time with "V", ww2, and... meh.

This series is dead to me.

Everyone who misses the core experience should play Project Reality. (in case anyone doesn't know)

DownwithEA likes this.
  2. DownwithEA

DownwithEA Member

GPU:
    1060 6GB
    I'd really like to see a Battlefield game that is as inventive and creative as 2142 was but as long as the cookie cutter factory approach pleases the masses why bother trying something new again. After the Star Wars BF2 flop what could be safer than a WW2 release. In fact they should really play it safe and start naming new titles Battlefield One, Battlefield I and Battlefield Won. That way even if a title is flop no one can keep it straight on which one they shouldn't buy.

3. HawaiianBrian

HawaiianBrian Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060 12 G MSI
    All you BF1 haters out there,WTF ?
    The game is epic. Great gameplay lots of teamwork, plenty of servers full of players, And the Amazing graphics are.. AMAZING.
    Right now, at 7:46 AM (when it's slow) there are over 30 FULL servers 64/64
    The base game is on sale for $9.99 right now. I think yall are nuts not to play it.
    Sooo much fun!

Last edited: Mar 4, 2018
  4. XP-200

XP-200 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1080 Mini
    ^^I am sure it is a good game, i have it, but unfortunatly i have been here since BF started and i think i have fatigue with the whole franchise now, same with COD, not even touched that since the AW, and i have no desire to in the future....but on a positive they were back in the day very enjoyable, even more so when compared to the utter snore fests that are shat out from todays games industry like SWBF and Destiny, again i have both but after a few hours on each both had me reaching for the delete button due to the repetitive natures of their gameplay ....but on another positive i did get almost 100 gig of HDD back when i deleted them, i wish you could sell your digital content. ;)

5. screwtech02

screwtech02 Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 2070 Super
    Another RUN/GUN game like BF1=FAIL...

6. RavenMaster

RavenMaster Maha Guru

GPU:
    1x RTX 3080 FE
    I won't be buying another WWII game. It's been done to death. Now BF2143 i would have bought in an instant.

BangTail likes this.
  7. GamerNerves

GamerNerves Master Guru

GPU:
    RX 5700 XT Nitro+
    I also assume this is a quick money grab with cosmetic microtransactions. They simply haven't had the time to great anything too new, since Battlefront II was their last game. With WWII they can reuse many assets and it seems to be an era that majority of gamers are interested in. Personally I find modern day war the best setting with all the cool gadgets and very customizable guns.

Expections are low for this one. One thing that could bring me to play this is to simply represent the missing features of BF4 again (in game and outside of it like better server customization) and emphasize the role of the squad leader.

Last edited: Mar 4, 2018
  8. Slam

Slam Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 2070 XC
    Need more single player missions across the board...period! BF1 was waaaaaay too light in that regard.

fantaskarsef likes this.
  9. Aura89

Aura89 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    I don't disagree it was light but at the same time, it was one of the better single players i have played in quite awhile, i loved it, and wanted more.

Slam likes this.
  10. Backstabak

Backstabak Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte Rx 5700xt
    It seems to be just a pointless sequel, kinda like BF4 to the BF3. Almost identical, just different maps and a DLC with the maps from BF3. I did buy the BF1 with all the DLC for about 40€ a few months back and sure, it is entertaining for a few hours. But already after about 40 hours It seems so repetitive and boring.

Like many I also hoped that the next BF would be from modern times, especially since I consider 2142 to be the best battlefield. Oh well, maybe next time.

11. Aura89

Aura89 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    While i'll agree mostly from BF3 to BF4 (even though i enjoyed both) being mostly identical, i can't possibly understand how you could say going from WW1 and WW2 will be "identical", do you not know the differences between the wars...? Did you not notice the massive difference in tanks from BF1/WW1 from most anything you'll ever seen based on WW2?.....

I mean cmon, you'll never see something like this:

[​IMG]

In any WW2 game, because they didn't exist. Let alone the planes in BF1/WW1?

I can only come to the conclusion that you are stating it'll be "almost identical" because you seem to think that if it's "in the past" it must be "almost identical"

As to your next statement of hoping it'd be from "modern times", then go right on as though you're on the same topic about saying 2142 was the best battlefield....what is "modern" about 2142? That's future...hence the date of 2142. Last i checked we're in 2018, there's nothing "modern" about 2142. And if you didn't mean to imply that 2142 is modern, how can you say that BF3 and BF4 were almost identical and you did not like that, then hope for a modern battlefield? BF3 and BF4 were modern, so why would you want a "almost identical" game, again, just after complaining about it?

I really do not understand a bit of your post, other then saying BF3 and BF4 were fairly identical, since that is correct.

12. XP-200

XP-200 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1080 Mini
    You can have mine as i never even got by the protecting the bombers as they attack the fort mission because EA have somehow managed to make the single player side of the game feel like a boring grind, just horrible, and i got the game free with the XBO slim back in the day and still can't look at it. lol

13. Backstabak

Backstabak Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte Rx 5700xt
    In principle you are right, there was massive difference between weaponry and tactics of WW1 and WW2 but in BF1 there are enormous amount of fully automated weapons or at the very least carabines in WW1, which are largely ahistorical. So I do not expect such a wast difference between the two installments from DICE.

As for the modern. I did like both BF3 and BF4, even though there was no reason for the BF4 to exist, but now, they don't really have that many people playing them, so I would appreciate a new one. Also, while BF2142 takes place in future, there isn't practically that large of a difference in weaponry between BF4 and 2142 (especially since one of BF4 DLCs contains maps with weapons and tanks from 2142). But most importantly, what I loved about 2142 was titan mode and I don't really care about the slightly futuristic setting.

All in all, maybe I'm just too demanding or tired with the entire series. Pretty much all the added BF modes were inferior for me to the large conquest, except titan, so don't take this as a personal attack on what you probably perceive as a beloved game.

fantaskarsef likes this.
  14. DevourerOS

DevourerOS New Member

GPU:
    MSI RTX 2080 Super
    Yet, again, another crap idea from EA. They are a failing publisher! They haven't released a good game in over 5 years!

15. DevourerOS

DevourerOS New Member

GPU:
    MSI RTX 2080 Super

Have you even played BF 4? From you post, I would say that you haven't! What guns were added in maps that were different from the start of the game? The ONLY thing that was added was a freaking bow!!! You clearly have never played BF 4!!!

16. BangTail

BangTail Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 2080 Ti XC
    Exactly, these 2 franchises need to stop trying to outdo each other in the same time periods, don't any of these people have an original idea between them?

17. DevourerOS

DevourerOS New Member

GPU:
    MSI RTX 2080 Super
    BF1 Was a fail! I haven't met a person that liked it. EA is now crap! There just don't seem to be any good FPS that are worth crap now. COD was trash 8 years ago and has just gotten worse, BF was good for 3 and 4, after tons of patches, but that was the end of FPS, for all well known pubs!

18. jaggerwild

jaggerwild Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 2070 SUP
    I miss coming home from work to log into BF2, put my C4 on my jeep block an alley n wait for the enemy to show up BOOM! 4 kills at once..................LOVED IT!

19. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RX 470 Strix
    I feel that when "Hardline" was released, that was the point in time that the series lost it's direction and became another EA cash cow with no heart...

To me Dice is an empty shell of what it used to be, it does nothing more than it's masters bidding, I guess the true question is how much farther will it's master let it live.

Last edited: Mar 7, 2018
    fantaskarsef likes this.
  20. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Need for Battlefield? :p

fantaskarsef likes this.