New Battlefield V game would take place in World War II

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Mar 2, 2018.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    airbud7 likes this.
  2. Ricepudding

Ricepudding Master Guru

GPU:
    1080ti MSI Light
    Whelp, there goes a naming structure... Since V doesn't make a lot of sense... then again naming never made much sense to them... BF 1942, BF2, BF2142, BF3, BF4, BF Hardline, BF1 now BFV (or 5)... Kinda miss BF2142 honestly

3. wantobe

wantobe Member Guru

GPU:
    VEGA64
    Came here just to say that after buying many Battlefields I will not be buying BF V. So many DLC's with BF1 and when I bought the DLC there were no people on servers! Luckily for one of the DLC's I got a refund. 2142 and BF3 is where my sentiments lay and were not replaced by newer titles. Time to let it go.

RavenMaster likes this.
  4. Solfaur

Solfaur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080Ti Ga.X
    Yeah well, naming problems were bound to happen everything considered. At least they didn't call it battlefield ww2...

Personally I am rather happy that they chose this setting, I mean they have the whole infrastructure from BF1 ready, so they have far less work on their plate and less things that they could mess up. I would have been way more concerned if they went for a futuristic setting.

Now let's hope they will focus on map designs and game modes balancing! If they do the guns and time to kill like in the latest BF1 patch, it's good enough.

5. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2080Ti @h2o
    *still hopes people will stop calling Hardline a Battlefield game*

RzrTrek and KissSh0t like this.
  6. Ricepudding

Ricepudding Master Guru

GPU:
    1080ti MSI Light
    Well it’s a battlefield game... guess it’s more like bad company though and just not part of the “main series”.

7. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2080Ti @h2o
    It's about gangs. Bad Company games were 100 times more Battlefield than Hardline and to me belong in the series. Hardline's just trying to grab players off of Heist / COD.

8. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RX 470 Strix
    I think Battlefield 2143 would be nice.

9. dunadan101

dunadan101 Member

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 1070
    The V can stand for V-E Day "Victory in Europe Day" as well I guess..
    I just hope they explore more stuff than the typical Normandy, Holland, Germany featuring Anglos vs Nazies we've been seeing only too much once again in the last year. Ostfront, Pacific and North Africa involved other nations like Russia, Italy, Japan, China and even Vichy France and the very diverse Free French Forces.

Why is it people always forget Battlefield Vietnam? Technically BF2 was third game in the franchise. I remember getting this game specifically after my parents finally had adsl installed in our home July 2k4 and it also enjoyed some of the impressive mods in the series like Point of Existence and Eve of Destruction although BF2 quickly replaced it.

Last edited: Mar 2, 2018
  10. strike

strike New Member

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Founders
    I wish BF2142 would get a sequel already, bad enough that EA shut down the revival servers that were online up until a few months ago.

11. Silva

Silva Maha Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX560 4G
    I loved BF1942, BF Vietnam, BF2, BF2BC2 and even BF3.
    But I'll never buy another game that has planed DLC before release, micro transactions or is made by a publisher like EA.

DevourerOS likes this.
  12. Size_Mick

Size_Mick Master Guru

GPU:
    Asus GTX 1070 8GB
    BF2 is still fun to play offline. There are tons of single-player and co-op mods for it. Head over to http://www.battlefieldsingleplayer.com/ if you care. Why are there too many spaces between my words?

13. RzrTrek

RzrTrek Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 580 ❤ MESA 19.2
    The game better have full modability like Battlefield 2 (2005) or I will have to pass again like I did with Battlefield 4 (only played for a month) Hardline and BF1.

However I'm doubtful EA DICE will be able to deliver something new and unique; seeing how they prefer their copy and paste philosophy to make carbon copies.

14. AndreasGuido

AndreasGuido Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970
    Meh i was expecting Cold War era, 70-90 or something along those lines.

BF1 was a let down, bet we will have behemoths and hero pick ups again.

DevourerOS likes this.
  15. hapkiman

hapkiman Active Member

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080Ti Gaming X
    Was so wanting a BF Bad Company game. Come on DICE! WWII? It's been done so much.

DevourerOS likes this.

16. Gorey

Gorey Member

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 970
    Need a sequel to 2142.

DevourerOS likes this.
  17. velocityx

velocityx Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 Ti FE - EK FCB
    just here to point out, Battlefield 1 codename was initially Battlefield V. so this name really is not final. we know about battlefield V from here and the only thing thats new is the 2018 date on that screenshot.

18. Fierce Guppy

Fierce Guppy Active Member

GPU:
    2 x GTX 980 / 4GB
    I always thought the naming of the current Battlefield "Batllefield 1" was senseless. Why not "Battlefield WW1", and If the next one is based on WW2 then why not name it "Battlefield WW2"?

19. Coolerking

Coolerking Master Guru

GPU:
    XFXR9 Fury X H2O
    Desert Combat....Helos/A10 Vs Tanks....it was heaven.
    Anyhow, the new game better take us someplace game wise that we've never been or it will fail longevity wise bigtime.
    I think that for all of their faults, Fortnight and PUBG are on to something that may have implications in many future games.
    Shooters with consequences, you die...you are out, maybe not all the way every time, but down for a period of time that counts(or hurts!).
    As an older gamer, I'm blown away by what has been done by all in the last 40 years.
    It's quite frankly stunning, and we are very lucky to have crap like this to bitch about...Ha!
    Have a great weekend!

20. NewTRUMP Order

NewTRUMP Order Master Guru

GPU:
    STRIX GTX 1080
    I will hold my judgement until it's release. But I foresee this as a WWII game with BF1 format, that feels like BF1 and therefore will not feel like a new game. It seems like they are attempting to make a quick money grab with the success of the BF1 format and throw WWII label on it. I hope I am wrong because I enjoy their games, just hope this is not a rush job for money that's all.