New Battlefield 5 game to be announced Next Friday

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, May 1, 2016.

1. bigfutus

bigfutus Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080 Ti
    Yeah and this is the problem, i personaly dont buy fast paced FPS shooter and wait for them to fix one of the most important and basic things in a fast paced FPS shooter, after a ONE FREAKING YEAR. Not to mention i got plagued often with infinite loading bug, which i encountered in BF3 too, extremely slow loading times even on SSD (the Chinesse maps loaded much faster but at that point i was done with the game), which with a imbecile browser server browser was infuriating, because with every disconnection (mostly at end of a round because who needs some XP) the whole game needs to load from a scratch. Yes if the stars were perfectly aligned and the game worked (like any normal game should) it was still fun, but for every problemfree round i had two bugged.

2. nick0323

nick0323 Master Guru

GPU:
    Palit GTX970 Jetstream OC
  3. Kaerar

Kaerar Master Guru

GPU:
    RX Vega 64
    Personally I did like BF4 despite it's issues. I got frustrated with them at the start, but after a while they got fixed. The worst was the AMD memory leak which basically meant you couldn't play more than a round before getting a slideshow and needing to restart your PC as it was pinging off the memory limit which couldn't be flushed.

However if BF5 does have the elements I'm looking for in an FPS (COD certainly hasn't since Black Ops 1!) then I'll keep an eye on it. If not then looks like I'm moving out of the FPS arena.

4. 0blivious

0blivious Ancient Guru

GPU:
    1070/ RX580/ 780Ti
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c7nRTF2SowQ

I'm pretty stoked that we're finally leaving the insta-kill modern/next-gen weaponry behind. I'm more of a WW2 genre person but WW1 has rarely been done so this ought to be refreshing.

5. moab600

moab600 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    980TI Gaming
    It's a masterplan to stab nvidia in the back, using Async :D

6. Juliuszek

Juliuszek Member Guru

GPU:
    GTX1060/3GB
  7. ScoobyDooby

ScoobyDooby Ancient Guru

GPU:
    1080Ti & Acer X34
    Surely I can't be the only one that is just so sick of seeing these game series releasing FPS shooters.

Like, I love a good FPS.. it is my genre of choice.. but ffs, it feels like for half of my gaming life if not more, its all COD and BF and then other one offs. I'm so over these franchises.. they can release whatever time period they wish, its still just the same games over and over to me.

Its equally perplexing to me that people are so willing to spend $ on them.. don't people get tired of these games?

8. danfim

danfim Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 980
    Battlefield 4 (despite having the worst launch in gaming history) is easily one of the best FPS games in recent years IMO. The effort DICE LA put in to make it so is almost unbelievable.

9. ScoobyDooby

ScoobyDooby Ancient Guru

GPU:
    1080Ti & Acer X34
    ^ That may be true, but these games are still so similar in makeup. Now they're going back to a World War settings.. whoopy woo.

Seems to be gamers these days get excited and are willing to throw their money at almost anything AAA. Really annoys me.

10. Elder III

Elder III Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Both Red and Green
    I'm interested in a military shooter for the first time in awhile. World War 1 is rarely visited, and sounds quite interesting to visit imo.

11. DesGaizu

DesGaizu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    JetStream 980Ti

So you think company's should only make games for you?

I personally don't like mobas but it doesn't annoy me that other people really enjoy them :/

12. Kaerar

Kaerar Master Guru

GPU:
    RX Vega 64
    Well after that reveal, I can say I'm definitely getting it. No Space stuff, futuristic nonsense (Star Citizen has all that plus a universe to explore and not just shoot up) in a proper FPS game. While BF4 was good, it wasn't the pinnacle of the genre, it had too many bugs/issues and until the advent of the 60Hz servers still had them. Even now there are many bugs with the game that aren't fixed and won't ever be fixed.

Let's hope DICE learn't from their escapades with BF3 and BF4 and bring something solid and well made out this time.

13. big ROBOT bill

big ROBOT bill Maha Guru

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1660Ti
    I'll pre buy this for sure