New Basin Falls HEDT Intel Desktop Platform will arrive faster than expected

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Apr 10, 2017.

1. H83

H83 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Duke GTX1080Ti
    This^. Having quad cores in an expensive platform like this is one the dumbest moves i have ever seen regarding CPUs...

Intel has to clearly define their products/platforms: a mainstream for normal users and gamers with dual memory channel and cpus with a max of 6 or 8 cores and a high end/professional platform for professionals that need all the processing power, available with all the features, and for crazy gamers who have more money than sense...

I used to think that way but i think we have reached a point where onboard sound is very decent and good enough for a lot of people. Of course a dedicated soundcard is always going to be better.

Last edited: Apr 10, 2017
  2. Aura89

Aura89 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    I don't disagree that it's good for a lot of people, but this entire forum is based off of mostly ideas and hardware that are far beyond what is good for "most people" lol

I tried the onboard sound on my ASUS ROG Crosshair VI, and said "nope".

3. PrMinisterGR

PrMinisterGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D RTX 3090
    They have 24, and SATA/USB/NVMe in the CPU itself.

4. jura11

jura11 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3090 NvLink

Hi there

Difference in rendering between x16 and x8 is really small,if you are looking at more PCI_E lanes then X99 Xeon or 5930k/6850k onwards is best bet if you are want more PCI_E lanes

I do render with several renderers like Cycles, IRAY, SuperFly or Octane and difference between x8/x16 is really small in these renderers

Hope this helps

Thanks, Jura

5. GeniusPr0

GeniusPr0 Maha Guru

GPU:
    RX 6800 XT Black Ed
    I've yet to see any 2066 Xeons (I know all 2066 are technically Xeons), RIP eBay ES market.