New ATI ad makes fun of Fermi!

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by thecake90, Aug 9, 2010.

1. thecake90

thecake90 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia 1060GTX
  2. CronoGraal

CronoGraal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI R9 390 8GB
    boring.

and if nvidia did the same i'd still say boring.

3. k3vst3r

k3vst3r Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nitro+ 5700XT
    Way to go ATI, i dunno maybe spend less time on marketing an more on getting you drivers right :wanker:

4. ShadowMyth

ShadowMyth Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GByte GTX 980 G1 Windforc
    thecake90 are you using ATI propaganda to rile up Nvidia fanboys? LOL

5. alanm

alanm Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus 2080 Dual OC
    Actually whats funny is seeing far more ATI 5xxx owners ditching their cards for fermi than the other way around. :nerd:

6. Trolle

Trolle Maha Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX2070
    dont talk about things you have no knowledge about please

7. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX1070 iChillx4
    indeed. what a bunch of wankers.

8. k3vst3r

k3vst3r Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nitro+ 5700XT
    Well it's all i've seen for months how crap drivers are an how 10.5's are the best still :wanker:

9. Black_ice_Spain

Black_ice_Spain Ancient Guru

GPU:
    5700XT
    they are right.

altho i will always blame this crap, improve your products, dont blame other's (in fact that is theorically not allowed?)

10. Paulo Narciso

Paulo Narciso Maha Guru

GPU:
    ASUS Strix GTX 1080 Ti
    You took the words out of my mouth.

11. Pablo

Pablo Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Saphire 5870 2g VapourX
    Was something to watch, quite amusing really.

Not untrue, about Fermi power draw.

But they do need to spend less time mucking about on silly ads and make better products for us to buy in the future.

12. deltatux

deltatux Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GIGABYTE Radeon R9 280
    I think it's AMD giving NVIDIA the taste of their own medicine in some respect as they have been arrogant lately. However, AMD's jab isn't that creative either since they just live actioned a joke in the community.

I think they should spend the resource on a better driver or a new control panel with more features and on the development of the Northern/Southern Islands series.

deltatux

13. mameira

mameira Maha Guru

GPU:
    eVGA 470 GTX
    at least they are the only ones that are actually improving, Nvidia just keeps getting worse and worse with power consumption and heat :/, before you say i'm a fanboy, i never had an ATI card

14. nexu

nexu Maha Guru

GPU:
    HD4870 512MB (@795/1085)
    Oh i see what you did there. You're suggesting ATI marketing team is doing the driver development. :p
    And for the God of love, don't let some friggin marketing people do anything technical like .... coding drivers. The drivers are bad enough as it is!

15. RS-X

RS-X Master Guru

GPU:
    Zotac RTX 2060
    instead of mocking others, should work on your products. A $230 GTX 460 kicking $300 HD 5850 big time. Do some thing or a lot of 57xx and 5830 owners will sell there's and buy NV.

Then you will say "Fermi again,"

16. davetheshrew

davetheshrew Ancient Guru

GPU:
    some green some red
    I sence a new card on the horizon, maybe a fermi beating more power efficient model, well heres me hoping anyway

17. WinMacLin

WinMacLin Member Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti
    AMD did the same thing when they were riding high on the K8 architecture before Conroe made its appearence. I'm sure some of you remember the mock boxing fight videos AMD hosted pitting the Opterons vs the XEONs and they spent much of the video discussing power consumption and heat.

At the time I was rocking an AMD processor and even I thought those videos were stupid. And I've owned many ATi cards before and after the merger of ATi in to AMD and I think this video is pretty poor too.

When we look at the facts the GTX480 is 30% more power hungry than a HD 5870 (250 Watts vs 170 Watts) but the performance scales just as the power consumption does. NVIDIA set out to make a faster GPU with the same fabrication technology and they did just that. They have the GTX 460, 465 and 470 to match ATi on power consumption and performance if consumers so desire it.

18. IPlayNaked

IPlayNaked Banned

GPU:
    XFire 7950 1200/1850
    Well, that's delusion, a 460 isn't faster at all than a 5850, and definitely not "big time"

19. Svein_Skogen

Svein_Skogen Maha Guru

GPU:
    2x GTX570, ASUS+eVGA
    Politics and computer-gear-as-religion aside, the video made me laugh. Not many commercials have entertainment value.

//Svein

20. CPC_RedDawn

CPC_RedDawn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX1080Ti AMP
    I cant wait til my house is on fire with burning electricity bills when I get my GTX480 as ATI are horrid with their drivers. Releasing month after month crappy drivers. Making us 4 series crossfire owners suffer with a massive bug in the drivers that breaks crossfire, in turn making us have to upgrade to a newer 5 series, this may or may not be their intentions, but heck Im stuck on 10.5a and we now have 10.8 betas out which still have the same problem for many people.

Bring on that sweet sweet green ;)