New Apple Mac Pro Available Starting Today

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Dec 19, 2013.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    Apple today announced the all-new Mac Pro will be available to order starting Thursday, December 19. Redesigned from the inside out, the all-new Mac Pro features the latest Intel Xeon processors, dual...

New Apple Mac Pro Available Starting Today

2. That's one expensive trash can.

3. dsbig

dsbig Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia 4070
    why would I want it shaped like that??

and the air intake is the top or bottom?

Last edited: Dec 19, 2013
  4. Loophole35

Loophole35 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080ti SC
    Heat naturaly rises.

Hilbert it may be in your best interest to just not post anything about Apple anymore as a lot of users on here can't control themselves when they hear that name.

5. Mannerheim

Mannerheim Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 6800XT
    it woud be perfect toilet trashcan but a bit too expensive for my wallet. Have to look 1 from IKEA ;)

6. NAMEk

NAMEk Guest

GPU:
    Gainward/GTX560/2GB
    Yeah it's hard not to talk crap about Apple.

7. schmidtbag

schmidtbag Ancient Guru

GPU:
    HIS R9 290
    personally, I don't really have much of a problem of it being a cylinder. I just think they shouldn't have made the top look like a hole, because then it really does look like a trash can. Otherwise, I think the design is kind of nifty. A lot more interesting than a rectangular cube.

8. Loophole35

Loophole35 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080ti SC
    Yes it's everyone's inner fanboy coming out. I for one do not like the apple OSx but at the same time I do not have the urge to trash a product just because of its manufacture. If this design where put forth as a new AMD APU based PC most on this forum would be praising it as the second coming of Jesus Christ.

9. CDJay

CDJay Guest

GPU:
    NVIDIA GTX 1080 FE SLI
    Unless it cost £5000 for the passable-spec version and was still outperformed by a half decent X79 PC for under £2000. Then it probably would get slated, and rightly so. ;)

Hell, for the price of the passable spec version you could go out and get a dual socket system. Chuck a couple of Xeon E5-1660v2's into a Asus Z9PED8-WS with 64GB of 2400Mhz Memory. Add two graphics cards. Chuck a pair of half decent 1TB SSDs in, knowing you have loads of PCI-E lanes and slots free for a PCI-E solution next year. That's probably only around the same price as the base-spec hex core model.

Who is this actually aimed at?! It's overkill for content consumption, inadequate for serious content creation, hard to upgrade in any meaningful way, can't play games. What's it for, beyond a "look what we can do" bit of PR?

CDJay

10. I'm practicing my crushed paper ball throwing skills right now, in case I bump into one of these.

11. One must be really proud to admit he owns this, when someone in the office actually mistakes it to be a trash can.

Hey janitor, have you seen my cup of Starbucks coffee?

Oh, I thought you didn't want it anymore. I threw it into the trash bin under your table. It looks very nice by the way.

O_O

12. Loophole35

Loophole35 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080ti SC
    Padding your post count repeating yourself?

13. Fender178

Fender178 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070 | GTX 1060
    Man for that much money I could build an epic build that would spank the Mac Pro.

14. HeavyHemi

HeavyHemi Guest

GPU:
    GTX1080Ti
    The line up will include the Mac Pro, Mac Office, and the Mac Mini

[​IMG]

15. Raider0001

Raider0001 Master Guru

GPU:
    RX 7900 XTX Nitro+
    hell yeah Apple can make pc-trash-cans and and Microsoft can make Windows that doesn't have windows in it (tiles aren't windows right ?)

16. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Lol. Predictable. Bash what you can't afford, eh? :p

17. ScoobyDooby

ScoobyDooby Guest

GPU:
    1080Ti & Acer X34
    Our office has one out for order now.. should be receiving one shortly.

The build is interesting.. maybe not to look at, but I can conveniently hide it behind the Thunderbolt display it will be connected to, so yeah..

18. Enticles

Enticles Guest

GPU:
    Asus RTX 3070ti
    this new mac intrigues me somewhat - I actually quite like the cylindrical design. I'd love to know how well it performs (in all areas not just gaming) and how much heat that heatsink core can handle, the fan is fairly large so i imagine it will be surprisingly quiet at a normal RPM setting.

if its price was competitive to a similar spec'ed PC i would consider it, but i know for a fact that will NEVER happen. So guess who's staying in the Windows camp :p

19. airbud7

airbud7 Guest

GPU:
    pny gtx 1060 xlr8
    monitor included?

20. ---TK---

---TK--- Guest

GPU:
    2x 980Ti Gaming 1430/7296
    its in the trash can