New AMD Ryzen 4000 rumors are doing rounds; released in September?

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Apr 10, 2020.

1. nizzen

nizzen Maha Guru

GPU:
    3x2080ti/5700x/1060
    I have 3900x with Asrock x570 Taichi, so I continue crying ;)

2. nizzen

nizzen Maha Guru

GPU:
    3x2080ti/5700x/1060
    How many of you're 12000+ posts are actual any meaningful posts? Are you contributing anything useful to this forum?

3. Denial

Denial Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080
    First example BF5:

3700X - 135
    9700K - 81

... "in whatever you want" "truth"

Lots of them.

@Hilbert Hagedoorn @vbetts Can we just ban both of them? It's seriously old now - look at the posts in this thread. They aren't even the fun kind of trolls. Like look at this:

Last edited: Apr 10, 2020
    -Tj- likes this.
  4. nizzen

nizzen Maha Guru

GPU:
    3x2080ti/5700x/1060

5. squalles

squalles Master Guru

GPU:
    Galax GTX 1080 EXOC
    So, amd won in 1 game and lose in 2 games and all you can see are "amd wins"

6. Denial

Denial Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080
    Lol now you're quoting what I didn't say. I think you need reading comprehension lessons or to get your brain checked.

Remember when Intel wins "in whatever you want" - that lasted literally to the end of your post where you linked a video that proves it wrong. That's embarrassing.

I'm done here. Hopefully mod will come around and clean this up and get rid of both you guys. Every thread it's the same crap for months and months now.

7. nizzen

nizzen Maha Guru

GPU:
    3x2080ti/5700x/1060
    So you are the forum police now? You're trollposts is ok, but blaming others to troll?

8. squalles

squalles Master Guru

GPU:
    Galax GTX 1080 EXOC
    and continues talking crap even when see it is wrong, great

9. Toadstool

Toadstool Member Guru

GPU:
    Vega 64
    I can't for the life of me understand the Intel vs AMD bickering. It's one thing to compare similarly priced/spec'd chips in different workloads and talk about the merits of one vs the other, but it's ridiculous to reduce it down to Intel vs AMD.

The past few years have arguably been the best time to buy a CPU in damn near a decade and yet the same old blue vs red bs sucks the joy out of watching them trade blows.

chanw4, sykozis and HonoredShadow like this.
  10. asturur

asturur Master Guru

GPU:
    Geforce Gtx 1080TI
    Is not about Intel vs Amd.
    I can't speak for @Denial because i often see him speaking with common sense.
    The other people are ofter making an alpha male show of their understand of tech and what is better.
    Is not what is better at stake here, but the `i know what tech is better` and the `you do not understand bro`.
    I'm really sick of it.

Someone quickly posted and deleted in this thread that this forum is dead for years and called it noob3d or something similar, saying that `real enthusiast` go somewhere else.

Yeah if the real enthusiast are like @squalles and @nizzen i pray every day they change forum.
    I come here for some unbiased good quality reading with non abusive advertisement on the pages.

11. Toadstool

Toadstool Member Guru

GPU:
    Vega 64
    That's a good way to put it. At the end of the day it's a pissing match and no meaningful discussion comes of it.

chanw4 and sykozis like this.
  12. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    Guys, I would strongly like to suggest to stop the bitch fighting and fanboyism. Names have been noted and placed on on the list we monitor. If you don't have anything useful to add to a thread, don't be here. Please consider this to be a friendly warning.

chanw4, Mufflore, Aura89 and 3 others like this.
  13. beedoo

beedoo Active Member

GPU:
    2080 OC | 2x1070 OC
    Unless you were around when Guru3d launched, then you haven't been around as long as I have... Just FYI.

Back on topic, personally, I'm waiting for the 4960x (if that becomes a thing). It's been hard resisting the temptation to buy the 3960x.

Last edited: Apr 11, 2020
  14. H83

H83 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Duke GTX1080Ti
    This is something i also want to know. Knowing how long the platform is going to last may help deciding when buying.
    And it would be cool if AMD could release a chipset without active cooling.

Toadstool likes this.
  15. JamesSneed

JamesSneed Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070
    I really think the 8c per CCX is going to be true. This is very likely how AMD will eek out more performance in the 8-core and lower CPU's. This should get there latency on par with Intel so the the very high FPS gaming is also on par if not better than Intel. Also since we are seeing laptops and gaming consoles using 8-core designs it all makes a lot of since to make 8-core as the building block. As AMD moves to Zen4 on a more dense TSMC node they can use the same 8-core per ccx design and increase core counts again. Lines up very well in my mind.

So @Hilbert Hagedoorn Ill buy you a beer if i'm wrong.

16. waltc3

waltc3 Maha Guru

GPU:
    AMD 50th Ann 5700XT
    You really think the new Intel CPUs will be competitive with Zen2?...;) Su has stated several times already this year that we would see both "big NAVI" and Zen3 this year, as in 2020. Rumors will be rumors...but I think Su's comments can be taken literally.

17. waltc3

waltc3 Maha Guru

GPU:
    AMD 50th Ann 5700XT
    Could be, as AM4 goes way back to x370, at least. Zen 3 will likely ship by year's end, with volume ramp in Q1 2021. I'd say that AM4 has at least another year before something replaces it in the lineup. People utilizing AM4 for Zen2/Zen3 will likely be hanging on to AM4 years into the future, I'd guess--and yes, the AM4 platform will drop in price when replaced, no question. AM4 has a lot of staying power.

Toadstool likes this.
  18. waltc3

waltc3 Maha Guru

GPU:
    AMD 50th Ann 5700XT
    There never has been anything to the "intel CPUs are faster in games" as if it has to do with some hardware advantage of Intel over Zen2. Rather, it's always merely been a matter of game-engine optimization being understandably centered around Intel architectures for the last decade for obvious reasons--AMD before ZEN was in a state where the most rabid AMD CPU optimizations wouldn't have helped the FX series versus Intel's CPUs (Intel's architectures that haven't changed all that much to date...;)) That's all it has ever amounted to. Zen2, remember, has only been shipping for 8+ months--and all of those games in development prior to Zen2--which is likely 100% of the AAA games now selling(!) will be using engines optimized to the max for Intel CPUs--not Zen 2. Some developers will go back in and make changes to their games and engines, but most won't right away. Even so, the "difference" is very small, even for non-Zen 2 optimized game engines--it's going to be nice to see the ZEN 2-optimized game engines begin rolling out, which I imagine will begin this year and of course increase in number as time moves on. The benchmarks tell the story--benchmarks being much smaller code basis began optimizing for ZEN 2 almost right out of the chute last July. There are profound differences there--same thing will happen with games. It's no mystery.

carnivore likes this.
  19. JamesSneed

JamesSneed Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070
    I agree in general but that isn't entirely true with 150+ FPS gaming. AMD clearly had much higher latencies with Zen1 which Zen2 greatly improved but it isn't quite as good as Intel even today. It's the one major disadvantage of using chiplets albeit there are a ton more advantages especially cost. However moving to 8-core CCX's should resolve the latency issue that prevents very high FPS gaming from matching Intel.

nizzen likes this.
  20. Sneakybob

Sneakybob Member

GPU:
    Asus RX480
    Am really hoping that the new Ryzens are good enough for a lot of you guys to upgrade, then maybe I'll be able to afford an early Ryzen and give my ageing FX8350 to one of my Grandkids