New AMD Certification Entries Hint at Big Navi GPU?

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Feb 20, 2020.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    Big NAVI, say a Radeon 5800/5900 might be announced rather sooner than later. Recently CEO Dr. Lisa Su give some strong hints already. There's more that indicates a release or announcement though....

New AMD Certification Entries Hint at Big Navi GPU?

Maddness and DeskStar like this.
  2. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    First there should be big driver update then big navi. Who needs a beast hardware with a broken software.

3. Fazjikov

Fazjikov Guest

GPU:
    Palit GTX 1080
    Yep i just swtich from my RX 5700 XT to RTX 2070 Super on rx 5700 xt almost all games had stuttering and costant driver crashes on Nvidia this problem is now gone.

4. geogan

geogan Maha Guru

GPU:
    4080 Gaming OC
    Why they still calling themselves "ATI" there? It's been years since rename to AMD!

Maddness likes this.

5. butjer1010

butjer1010 Active Member

GPU:
    RX6900XT Toxic EE
    Maybe Your problem is something else. I've got RX5700XT for more than 6 months, and i don't have any problems neither in games or in anything else. Works perfectly!

jaggerwild and DeskStar like this.
  6. DeskStar

DeskStar Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 3080Ti/3090FTW
    No issues on my PowerColor Red Devil RX 5700xt.

And can't wait for something from AMD to make the prices come down a bit in this market....

7. slicer

slicer Member Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire Vega 64
    I know that that black screen problem is even reported from Vega cards, but I have had 2 vegas (Vega64 reference and now Sapphire Nitro+ Vega64). Over 3 year span and no blackscreen or other color screen type of issues...
    Rest of the system has been AMD as well. First cpu and mb combo was Ryzen 1600+ B350 (GA Gaming3) and now Ryzen 3600x + B450 (Tomahawk MAX). Also 4x8GB sticks.
    Dunno... all the drivers work fine.

PS. I always use DDU before updating drivers.

DeskStar likes this.
  8. Texter

Texter Guest

GPU:
    Club3d GF6800GT 256MB AGP
    Guess that ULC is still the old Canadian legal persona of the Radeon Technologies Group for US 'tax dodging' purposes...they probably couldn't change the name when they moved to the AMD name and then RTG...

9. Adamnfs

Adamnfs Guest

GPU:
    Radeon RX 5700 XT
    I do not know how people are having problems or (ISSUES) with VEGA let alone Navi Graphics cards??? I have two Radeon RX 5700 XT's (both are AMD REFERENCE DESIGN BLOWER FAN CARDS) and I do not have any issues, iv never had a "BLACK SCREEN" Bug nor these "COLOR" Issues!

the only problems i have is in ... Tom Clancy's, "The Division 2" ... i will get, after about an hour or so, (1hr +/- 30 minutes) of playing game, more or less?? its completely "RANDOM"? my Game will just freeze!

ill be playing, and when the game freezes. the game just "HANGS" with the last "RENDERED FRAME " that was rendered by the CPU/GPU???? if i press . CTRL + ALT + DEL, i get nothing? the task manager will not show on screen, its open.. shows in the windows task bar, but thats it.
    . crtl + shift + esc, does the same damn thing???

i cant even get the game.exe to close either??? only way i can get outts the game is to restart pc or log out of user in windows, so force a log off and or just restart my PC, the other PROBLEMS, is with the GAME ITSELF..and the lazy game developers over at massive/reflection's/annecy/ etc...ubisoft devs... (a... MASSIVELY DOWN-GRADED INTERTAINMENT!! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAHAH @#&*%*@#%*

but its not AMDs DRIVERS, because it even does this same issue on my EVGA (nvidia) Geforce GTX 1080 Hybrid Gaming 8GB card & My EVGA Geforce GTX 1080 TI SC2 Hybrid 11GB GDDR5X Graphics cards also???? SO ITS NOT AMDs Fault, and My 5700 XT DONT OVERHEAT EITHER!

(the 1080 Ti failed tho so had to buy new card, and srry nvidia lovers, a new gtx 1080 Ti costs alot more than my new RX 5700XT and neither had RT-RT, so that doesnt matter to me) and rx 5700 xt was only $399 new ? and 5700 cards are now overheating according to "ASUS" haaha procreating pansy asses!!!! ASUS ..

panogr likes this.
  10. PCJack125

PCJack125 Guest

GPU:
    MSI R9 290 Gaming 4G
    I own 5700XT Gaming X and I must admit I have black screen bug issue. When my PC go to sleep and I try to wake it up, my fan and cpu and other thing else starts to spinning up and work normally except the GPU which no video output come out from it (Black screen). I have to restart my PC to make it work again.
    Not the big issue but a little irritated, otherwise it works perfectly in all other games.

11. schmidtbag

schmidtbag Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asrock 7700XT
    Since I don't plan on using the Windows drivers, all I really care about is if these GPUs can do 4K gaming at a reasonable price. But... I do agree that AMD needs to fix their Windows drivers before they release another product.

12. panogr

panogr Active Member

GPU:
    RX 6800XT Ref
    Haven't you gotten tired of complaining in every thread where the word AMD appears in any context? you're monothematic :)

i have msi 5700xt gaming x , my son has RX 480 8gb from gigabyte , not even one problem.

i know that there are people who have driver problems but ... rly m8 ? in every thread the same sh.t storm ? :)

butjer1010 likes this.
  13. Robbo9999

Robbo9999 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3080
    They definitely need to launch big Navi as soon as possible, because no one is gonna be buying them once NVidia launch Ampere 3xxx series...well at least the performance of big Navi will be totally eclipsed by the performance of Ampere 3xxx. Yep, so that's why they need to launch as soon as possible to do so while there is still some kind of a gap in the market.

14. Digilator

Digilator Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 5700XT
    Had that problem. Install the latest BIOS and chipset driver for your board, if you have not done so already. https://www.asus.com/us/Motherboards/MAXIMUS_VI_HERO/HelpDesk_Download/
    Also, try this: https://www.reddit.com/r/Amd/comments/f6ccqo/a_tale_of_radeon_adrenalin_2020_ver_2021_optional/

PCJack125 likes this.
  15. Digilator

Digilator Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 5700XT
    People only buy the fastest cards?

What AMD should do is make better drivers and price the cards well.

16. JethroTu11

JethroTu11 Member

GPU:
    GTX 1050ti
    I hope they release this soon so they can move onto getting another little Vega released. I want a Ryzen 4400G.

I didn't post to the thread about the Navi black screen problem. I've had some of that with the Vega 11 in the 2400G. I'd guess I'm as much to blame for that as anybody. It's played my old game well in win10 and I've had no problems with win10 since the initial win10 drivers. It's been an "adventure" in linux though. It was very buggy the first 3 months and I had to use a rolling release. After the early problems it worked well for months with OpenSuse Tumbleweed and Manjaro. I did need to change a UEFI setting related to the power supply to eliminate some black screens and freezes. Later I switched to Linux Mint and I had a lot of problems with black screens and freezes. The 2400G did not like playing video while running Civ2 in wine. That scenario almost always caused a black screen or freeze. I then realized Mint was using kernel 4.15 while most recommendations advise using kernel 4.17 or newer. I switched to kernel 5.2 and I might get 1-2 black screen/freezes per month. It's not enough to really bother me anymore but it was very irritating while using the older kernel.

17. Robbo9999

Robbo9999 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3080
    Yeah, I thought of that point whilst I was writing my post, and then I concluded that Ampere 3xxx series is exactly that - a "series" - therefore they'll have new cards with new technology & new ray tracing capabilities to compete with the said AMD card (big Navi) as well as cards that also absolutely trounce Big Navi. I think they gotta launch Big Navi ASAP whilst "the going is good".

18. Mesab67

Mesab67 Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1080
    WTF!!! Troll much?

Eastcoasthandle likes this.
  19. Robbo9999

Robbo9999 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3080
    That's just my opinion of what will happen when Ampere launches, nothing to do with trolling. Although I am kinda using dramatic language when I was describing that Big Navi needs to launch "now or else", but I think that's correct.

20. alanm

alanm Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080
    Well he's speculating and probably not far off the mark. If big Navi is 10-20% faster than the 2080ti, Ampere will be too, likely even better. So big Navi will have a limited window of opportunity to shine. Personally I dont have much faith in AMD to deliver, if perf is good, I would expect a hot and power hungry monster.

Robbo9999 likes this.