New Alphacool Nvidia GTX 1080 and 1070 WaterBlocks

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Sep 30, 2016.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
  2. FranciscoCL

FranciscoCL Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3080 Ti
    With this you still depend on airflow to cool memory and VRM, right?

3. rl66

rl66 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire RX 6700 XT
    yes :)

it's awasome GPU cooler, but it's not a "real" full card cooling agree.

the positive point: you can keep your GPU cooler and only change the passive radiator (wich is really good btw) and save money when you change your GPU.

I use it on the quadro, and i was surprised how good it work, i wasn't expected that as i have only 1 fan in the main box, mem and vrm are lower or the same in temp than with the original active cooler: not bad at all.

4. Ryuhoshi

Ryuhoshi Guest

GPU:
    R9 290
    About poor vrm cooling: Not really true. Either you have some old version, bad luck or suboptimal placed thermalpads. I have one on R9 290(M05 version for Gigabyte Windforce). That small VRM1 on 290 is probably the hottest and hardest to cool motherf... from all gpu. I have almost no air movement in my case and vrms are still cooler than ANY air cooler i have ever seen on 290(like literally 50 degrees lower than on Windforce cooler which had cooled VRMs). Of course it's not coming even close in this regard to any other full cover waterblock, but on the other side it has the lowest core temps of any gpu blocks(since the construction of the block is pretty much identical to their cpu block) and you can get the waterblock for ANY gpu. It was especially helpful for me, since there are no waterblocks for my non reference card(as mentioned above, it was Gigabyte Windforce R9 290).
    Did i mentioned you can reuse the gpu block itself and they are cheap as hell?(the backplate included)

The only bad thing for me is that the look of it isn't really appealing :/