New Alienware Area-51 Looks Groovy

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Sep 1, 2014.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    Oh and it has an 8-core Haswell-E on-board as well. Check out the new Alienware Area-51 design.  Since their last model in 2009 they have rebuilt everything from ground up with brand new phenomenal...

New Alienware Area-51 Looks Groovy

2. SLI-756

SLI-756 Guest

GPU:
    760 SLI 4gb 1215/ 6800
    interesting but the guys that do rig of the month are in another league imo.
    nice though.

3. Robbo9999

Robbo9999 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3080
    Looks good, not all show, has some go! The thermal management idea seems well thought out to me too, along with the ability to fit it close up against walls without compromising air flow. It's be interesting to see some reviews of this product against some other casings you can buy to see if component temperatures are comparable & how effective this thermal design really is.

4. shymi

shymi Guest

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3070
    It looks nice, but I have some doubts how efficient the airflow is going to be. Only time will tell.

5. entr0cks

entr0cks Member Guru

GPU:
    GV-N660OC-2GD
    And how will the lifespan of cooling fans (and other spinning things) be impacted by the different angles.

6. kanej2007

kanej2007 Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080 TI 11GB
    Looks mental, bet the price will be sky high. :)

7. laststop

laststop Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire Toxic 2GB 5870
    Honestly the case design isn't that revolutionary. Chnaged the shape and the angles biiiiig deal. This thing is gonna cost doublt the amount of building the same thing yourself. It's stupid.

8. Omagana

Omagana Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2070 Super
    Hmm I don't see anything special here, am I missing something? It's still the usual air cooling just with different angles.

9. Robbo9999

Robbo9999 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3080
    For me, the angles mean two things: 1) Placing it up against the wall doesn't compromise airflow (like they point out in the article) 2) Hot air rises, and with the cards being placed at angle like that (closer to the vertical) then this might help channel hot air out of the chassis between those cards (that's just my theory though!).

I wanna see some reviews of this thing up against other cases (with the same components). I wonder if guru3d might do an article doing this at some point!? ;-)

10. Great way to burn a hole in your wall. God bless if your wall paint is flammable

11. Omagana

Omagana Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2070 Super
    Very much doubt that makes any noticeable difference, if you want actual vertical card placement Silverstone have been doing that for a while now.

12. Solfaur

Solfaur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 3080Ti Gaming OC
    Looks interesting, still wouldn't buy an Alienware. :D

13. Robbo9999

Robbo9999 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3080
    Ah, good point!