New Age of Conan Video

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Merton, Feb 21, 2008.

1. Merton

Merton Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX760 TF 2GD5/OC
    Any doubt I had about this game after the more recent delay is gone.

I am sorry, but this looks sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo much better than warhammer. As much as I was debating between the two, I am going AoC without a doubt.

http://trailer.onlinewelten.com/videos,id3264,age_conan_praesentation (need to add .ht'ml)

The mounted combat looks unbelievable! Soooo ****ing cool.

And that player (guild) built city is HUGE. WHen they announced the idea I did not think they were going to be that big. Looks so rad.

May 20th, here I come!!!

2. Jake

Jake Member Guru

GPU:
    BFG 8800GTX 768Mb
    I just wish I could get into the AoC beta.

There is no way that I am going to be suckered by MMO developer hype ever again, they've been doing that to me for a decade. No more.

Nowadays, if I cant get a chance to try it out first hand then they dont get my money.

Luckily enough I have a warhammer online beta, so I have the opportunity to try that first hand.

Now I just need an AoC beta too, I know that my next MMO will be between those 2, but there is no way I am picking between them based on any marketing PR. I will only choose between them once I have had the opportunity to try them both

3. Merton

Merton Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX760 TF 2GD5/OC
    I believe they said there might be an open beta a few days/week before launch. You would be able to try Age of Conan then.

Don't quote me on that, it could have just been a rumor.

4. Drizzt

Drizzt Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA Geforce 7800GT @ Stock OC
    Benn looking at AoC since it was announced. It's unfortunate they took a turn for the carebear PvP but their PvP system is still a hell of a lot better than Warhammer. If only Darkfall wasn't vaporware.

5. Jake

Jake Member Guru

GPU:
    BFG 8800GTX 768Mb
    Watched that video yesterday from work, no sound at work, just watched it here at home now so have heard the sound

Got to say...I am not very happy about only the top 8 or 9 guilds being able to get PvP battlekeeps for pvp sieging. That'll be my guild with no hope of one as we arent an uber guild

6. Merton

Merton Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX760 TF 2GD5/OC
    What do you mean pvp is carebear?

If you mean there is no item looting, the dev's have said several times that there is no looting at launch, but they MIGHT add it later, depending on player's responses.

The PvP looks awesome I think, probably one of the biggest selling points.