new 3080TI not receiveing video signal, not in device manager.

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce' started by fr33k, Sep 12, 2021.

1. Mineria

Mineria Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 3080 Ti
    Fingers crossed for that it was the card then.

A fault on PCIE slot/lane can cause the same behavior, had that with a brand new Ryzen 3700x.
    Didn't really know if it was the new CPU or motherboard, since the card worked in PCIE slot 2 and 3 but not 1, after getting another of both I could track it down to the CPU and RMA it.

2. fr33k

fr33k Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX3080TI FTW3
    i just had a 3080 in that slot for like a year, unless i straight ruined the slot pulling it out (knock on wood) it should be okay still.

3. fr33k

fr33k Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX3080TI FTW3
    wellllllll... new card no luck, the lights all come on but no fans come on. im completely at a loss here.

4. Maddness

Maddness Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080 Aorus Xtreme
    Dam, that's not good news. Doesn't look like the GPU is your problem then. Are you using the latest bios on your motherboard. Are you able to put the old 3080 back in to confirm the slot is ok.

5. southamptonfc

southamptonfc Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 3080ti Vision OC
    Sorry to hear this. To make progress here, you need to test that new GPU in a different PC.

If it is your PC at fault, it's probably an issue with the PCI slot or the PSU/PCIE cables, causing a lack of power to the card.

6. fr33k

fr33k Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX3080TI FTW3
    yeah, evga is gonna test the first card for me.
    yes latest bios, i decided to bite the bullet and test the second pcie lane and guess what no card detected either. but again all power lights look fine no fans.

7. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    z390?

thats 9900k?

8. fr33k

fr33k Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX3080TI FTW3
  9. Maddness

Maddness Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080 Aorus Xtreme
    One last thing the onboard you're using to get a signal, is that the same cable that you plug into the 3080Ti or is it different.

10. Cave Waverider

Cave Waverider Maha Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3090 ROG Strix
    Here are a couple of things you can try:

Since you say integrated graphics works, do you have the BIOS set up to Initiate the integrated GPU first? If so, try setting it to initialize the PCIe slot you're using for the card first and see if that helps.

You could also try to switch the BIOS between pure UEFI mode and CSM and see if that helps.

If you're using Display port, try to unplug the DP cable, shut down the PC completely and disconnect it from mains, wait until the rest charge goes away, then plug it back in and start the computer.

If the card isn't detected at all while you're on the iGPU, though (or if you can't install drivers for it), the card is likely dead.

Last edited: Sep 21, 2021

11. War child

War child Master Guru

GPU:
    Gainward 980Ti SLI
    I had exactly the same problem recently on my Maximus Extreme XIII.

It turns out that I had a faulty bios. Luckily as it has a bios switch, shifting over to the second bios resolved it, and allowed me to boot.

On the faulty bios, I could boot into windows but my screen stayed black. As well as that, I couldnt access the Bios via the typical F2/Del key spamming.

12. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    no you didn't.

eGGroLLiO likes this.
  13. fr33k

fr33k Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX3080TI FTW3
    its the same DP cable, but i have an hdmi cable too which i tried earlier.

14. fr33k

fr33k Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX3080TI FTW3
    i don't have a choice in my bios for that.

i have tried this.

again using both hdmi and a dp no change.

15. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    for me turn CSM OFF or fastboot ultra on results in my HMDI connection showing the bios screen post windows loading soon as windows loads it switches to DVI connection. if i leave CSM on and or fast boot alone dvi show both post screens and windows loading. on some boards CSM changes boot video out priortiy but general when in windows defualt monitor will show video out not be black. found behavior to be annoying and spent months trying to fixed just find it hardwired that way on some gpu and some bios change gpu priority upon csm changes

16. Maddness

Maddness Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080 Aorus Xtreme
    I had a look online and there have been a couple of other people with the same issue. Can you boot up with the onboard video and check that you are using the latest bios for your 3080Ti. If so take out the video card and do a boot cycle. Then shut down and install the card again. If it's not the latest bios, then a flash to the latest has fixed it for some people. It's easy enough now as it's just an .exe, i've updated mine at least 3 times.

Cave Waverider likes this.
  17. fr33k

fr33k Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX3080TI FTW3
    unfortunately i can not get to card's bios, its like both ports on my mobo just don't detect it at all. Since its both ports my money is on my psu, But its odd that the power connectors act as if they are all receiving power.

18. Maddness

Maddness Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080 Aorus Xtreme
    It shouldn't be your PSU as it's what I'm using on my 3080.

Do you have a friend with a PC, so you can try your card in there's to see the bios version.

Actually come to think of it, the card might have a sticker with the bios version on it. If it does are you able to post pics of it and the box to get the exact model.

Last edited: Sep 22, 2021
  19. fr33k

fr33k Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX3080TI FTW3
    No I don't. I tried 2 cards prob with latest bios.
    94.02.71.00.AF
    https://imgur.com/qCKTzEu

and the psu worked on my 3080 what i had before this. but i never used 3 rails until now.

20. Maddness

Maddness Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080 Aorus Xtreme
    There have been 3 new Bioses since then https://www.techpowerup.com/vgabios...X+3080+Ti&interface=&memType=&memSize=&since=
    I think you may need to contact EVGA directly and see if they can give you a fix for this, because without another PC to flash the Bios with, i'm not sure what you can do.

Also my 3080 has 3 8 pin PCI-e connectors, so i still don't believe it's the PSU.

Last edited: Sep 22, 2021