Neverwinter 2 & nVidia Cards

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by ApolloUK, Apr 22, 2007.

1. ApolloUK

ApolloUK Active Member

GPU:
    BFG 8800GTX
    I don't know if this has been posted before but i'll post it anyway for the people who may have missed it. Using Vista x64 and running Neverwinter Nights 2 at max details produced unplayable framerates, however after some experimental tweaking of the nwn.ini i found that when i changed the line..

ATIWorkAroundForPointLightShadows=1
    to
    ATIWorkAroundForPointLightShadows=0

..i was now able to run the game with max details and with 4xAA with next to no slowdowns. :D

(Using 158.19 drivers)

2. Wanny

Wanny Guest

Well.. yea.. but NWN 2 is by far the worst game in performance ..

3. ApolloUK

ApolloUK Active Member

GPU:
    BFG 8800GTX

You'll get no argument from me, i'm a huge fan of the series and up till now i felt really cheated being unable to run the game with a half decent framerate, especially with a 8800gtx.

4. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    It's running like a dream for me! Maxed (with only shadows a notch down) and with 2xAA/16xAF @ 1680*1050.

5. Templ

Templ Guest

Running fine here aswell.. 8xAA, 16xAF, 1680x1050, max settings (shadow res 2048).

6. basel

basel Master Guru

GPU:
    asus 580gtx 950/2200
    i know that wat im goin to ask is definitly off topic , but im really stuck , in the first quest to fine the silver shard from the ruin , nothin seems to happen after i get it , and even when i go to the father, he tells me to go and get it ?!? help?

7. Syncrod

Syncrod Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GeForce GT1030
    try updating the game

8. basel

basel Master Guru

GPU:
    asus 580gtx 950/2200
    wat driver ur using

9. Dustpuppy

Dustpuppy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    integrated - fffffffuuuuu
    Dude you're going to have to save often in that game. The thing is buggy as hell and full of game stopping bugs. I can't speak for current versions but the release version was horrible. I had to restart twice with 4+ hours into the game, then on my nth attempt I got stuck 10+ hours in with a game stopping bug in a "storyline encounter" where a script didn't trigger. I had to freaking use the editor to figure out which obscure scripts to trigger and then trigger them in sequence. (this took 6 hours over 2 days)

My advice is to have a save for every half hour and always keep a backup 4 hours behind your main game.