Netflix's The Witcher final trailer

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Dec 13, 2019.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    The game we've all been playing for years has made its wat to Netflix. The final trailer for The Witcher is out which will premiere on December 20th. In the new trailer you can see some more characte...

Netflix's The Witcher final trailer

Maddness likes this.
  2. jbscotchman

jbscotchman Guest

GPU:
    MSI 1660 Ti Ventus
    Definitely interested in watching this, but not very interested in Netflix. I'll probably wait till the first season comes to an end, subscribe, binge watch, then cancel until season 2.

GSDragoon likes this.
  3. Maddness

Maddness Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080 Aorus Xtreme
    We get free Netflix with our ISP. This it's very high up on my list to watch ( along with Lost in Space 2) I really hope that this doesnt suck as the games are so bloody awesome.

4. hell_knight

hell_knight Active Member

GPU:
    GTX 980Ti Gaming 6G
    I'm a fan of the series since I stumbled on the first volume of the saga by chance. After finishing the Witcher 3 I'm quite fed up con the lore so I'll be waiting for the full season too.. Let's see if the CGI is up to par with what fans expect (after seeing the expanse I think it could very well be).

PD: They should take ideas from the movie Dog soldiers, especially for the creatures..

5. TestDriver

TestDriver Member Guru

GPU:
    1080 Ti, C49HG90
    Looking forward to this one.

AFAIK all episodes is released on the 20th.

6. Amx85

Amx85 Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI R7-260X2GD5/OC
    why? why nobody is asking for the monsters? >_<

7. Embra

Embra Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Red Devil 6950 XT
    Looks good, least I hope so.

Netflix's "Game of Thrones" equivalent maybe?

Venix, Maddness and schmidtbag like this.
  8. Denial

Denial Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080
    I definitely think they are looking to capture part of that audience. I also think Henry Cavil asking to be apart of the show before it was even in production made netflix decide to spend way more money on it.

Controversial opinion: I wish they weren't dropping the entire show at the same time - part of the reason why Game of Thrones was so much fun to watch was the weekly breaks between episodes and workplace discussions of each episode. Some shows I really enjoy being able to watch all at once but I feel like more hype is driven to this kind of show as weekly release.

FranciscoCL, Embra and Dragam1337 like this.
  9. Venix

Venix Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Rtx 4070 super
    @jbscotchman @Maddness you will not have to wait for long , except if something changed and i am not aware off Netflix releases the full season day 1 all episodes ! I love em for that ! :p

@Denial heh my self i am on the other edge often i would wait for a season to finish airing and then watch !

Maddness likes this.
  10. SpajdrEX

SpajdrEX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gainward RTX 4070
    We need CTRL SHIFT FACE for face replacement of woman protagonist (Ciri uff.. :p)

11. Size_Mick

Size_Mick Master Guru

GPU:
    Asus GTX 1070 8GB
    I don't know about the rest of you, but I think they should've gotten a bigger, meaner-looking guy to play Geralt. The guy they hired is like a pretty-boy or something. Is this casting choice a grab for female viewers?

LIS S1 was good but man, OREOS man. Real buzz kill. It's like the first or second season of House of Cards when the main character just couldn't play enough games on his PLAYSTATION VITA. Product placement is one thing but these are really blatant, glaring examples. Love how in LIS the oreos were in early 21st century packaging.

12. Hypernaut

Hypernaut Master Guru

GPU:
    5700XT Red Devil
    Wait a sec it can't be the Witcher, the fighting has oomph. The game's combat is lacklustre as hell, totally put me off it.

13. Hypernaut

Hypernaut Master Guru

GPU:
    5700XT Red Devil
    Henry Cavil is Six foot 1. Arnold is similar height.

14. firaher

firaher Guest

GPU:
    Asus
    Netflix has created a different aura with its original series. Watched stranger Things and Orange is The New Black. Both are very well made. I hope they launch some live TV service soon. I'm fed up with my Hulu.

Last edited: Jan 7, 2020