Neogaf and Evilore about to get what they deserve?

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by Nosein, Oct 22, 2017.

1. GroinShooter

GroinShooter Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080 SC
    Yeah I don't really care about Gaf going down even though I've been a member there for years now. Only thing that was good in there was the console/PC screenshot threads and Durante's stuff. OT Community was pure cancer.

2. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Durante was also banned so forget about him and his neogaf association. All they had was Stinkles aka 343i's Frank O'Connor and some guy who did QA or whatever on Overwatch. Both would for the most part harp on the OT side of the things unless it was an opportunity to shill on the gaming side.

I glanced over at /v/neofag and the new site seems to be awful.

3. Backstabak

Backstabak Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte Rx 5700xt

Yeah a cerified gaming journalist, who can't even play the game cannot really have an opinion on a game.

vonSternberg likes this.
  4. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    This was also a masterpiece

5. Backstabak

Backstabak Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte Rx 5700xt
    ^^

Oh boy, how could I forget about that masterpiece. A true etalon of prime gaming journalism.

lucidus likes this.
  6. tfam26

tfam26 Active Member

GPU:
    Gaming X GTX 1080ti
    Oh jesus... thats not the point. Of course when a women says "no" it means no even if she's dumb enough to put herself into a dangerous situation its not OK to sexually assault her.

But that's not what happened. He simply made a move on someone, got rejected, and acted like an ass. This is the situation as she herself describes it.

Listen; they are both idiots:

Him - Typical beta man-boy behavior. Gets rejected, acts like a spoiled douche. Shouldn't have been dumb enough to take someone else's alleged girlfriend on a road trip and stay in a hotel with her without clarifying what it all would mean obviously.

Her - Has alleged "boyfriend". Goes on roadtrip with straight male with money and power. Assumes "totally platonic! tee hee!" Gets drunk and stays in hotel room with him. Amazed and "hurt" when he tries to hump her in the shower.

Maybe 6 brain cells between the both of them. Thank god they didn't screw and create something even dumber.

fantaskarsef and Carfax like this.
  7. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Tyler is killing off the off-topic section. Good.

[​IMG]

https://waypoint.vice.com/en_us/art...neogafs-last-48-hoursd?utm_source=wptwitterus

Lol!

8. MegaFalloutFan

MegaFalloutFan Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080Ti 11Gb
    Good, liberals eating each other. Best News ever.

lucidus likes this.
  9. HeavyHemi

HeavyHemi Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX1080Ti
    http://comicbook.com/gaming/2017/10/23/neogaf-sexual-assault-statement-comment/#4

At the time of the incident, Leupp mentioned in the interview that she was in a polyamorous relationship; a relationship that is built on communication and is open to more than one partner with consent. According to Leupp, that open status only applied to other women, not men. She says that Malka was aware of this and that both she and her partner trusted the two of them to travel together.

After the incident, the two continued to hang out with prior plans for E3. Both parties state that they talked about that "drunk night" and that they had reached an understanding. The pair eventually made their way together to Los Angeles for E3 following another instance of a fully consensual (confirmed by both parties) sexual encounter after the New Orleans trip.

Apparently things took a turn for the worst once in LA.

Slide 4/6
    What came next
    At the time of E3, Malka and Leupp had an established sexual relationship according to their friends, though not exclusive. Leupp added on about the trip that though they did share a bed during their time, they did not have intercourse.

Leupp says that he started to pursue another woman out of a feeling of rejection, whereas Malka states that it was already a pre-established "mutual romantic interest." Eventually though, tension came to a head and Leupp and Malka came to an "explosive" turning point where he says she became "increasingly hostie and bitter" and experienced several mental breakdowns. According to Malka, Leupp has a history of "serious mental illness," though Leupp calls those claims "bullshit."

Like sands through the hourglass.... Frankly this seem like a massive amount of reverse SJW nonsense.

tfam26 likes this.
  10. Carfax

Carfax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVidia Titan Xp
    NeoGaf is back up, but it will never be the same....and that's probably a good thing.

11. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Yeah. OT and Gaming have gone through a divorce and it's for the best. The psychos an-heroed their accounts.

12. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Not specifically to do with this shithole but, I generally use a burner email account to sign up and never use anything that may help in doxxing me (ie. work/school/isp account). Just look at the following bs. Always worth keeping in mind and never give out too much info despite what people ramble on about you're being tracked anyway or whatever. Who knows how many others went through all this. They also threatened to black list boogie2988 in the industry if he didn't toe their line.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=252814554&postcount=5154

13. xIcarus

xIcarus Master Guru

GPU:
    1080 Ti AORUS
    It's the main reason why I've been a member here all this time and a lurk for many years prior.
    Even when treating more serious matters like the 970 3.5GB fiasco people remained largely composed and respectful.

Sure, some people get triggered sometimes; it can happen to anyone. But at least we see arguments for opinions and, when all else fails, actual smart insults instead of common-ass immature 'herp derp you suck' ones.

14. rm082e

rm082e Master Guru

GPU:
    2070 Super
    Man...the internet is weird...

I stepped in a pile of SJW crap over on Giant Bomb with the whole GamerGate thing, and quickly abandoned their forums, though I was a paying member there for years. Seeing the flood of posts that seemed so backwards, I just didn't feel like I could be a part of that community. I lurked on GAF for a long time, but only once a week to look at news. I never paid attention to OT until the election - wow it was so much worse than what I had seen at GB...

Both of those bigger forums made me appreciate the few smaller gaming forums I hang out on. Smaller crowds seem to have more level-headed people.

vonSternberg likes this.
  15. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    The election was particularly shady. They were flooded by people with Hillary avatars and other characters who would exclusively post in political threads and shill why you should vote for her because *backstory*. My fav was some trans, illegal immigrant character with a Leia avatar. Within hours of her loss, every single one of these accounts was nuked and replaced with names like user7896 or whatever. Their mod Y2Kev was working with the campaign (guy was doxed and also admitted to "emergency campaigning" for her) and Tyler donated $7500 to the campaign. Then there's also the top 5 referrer thing.

I didn't even pay attention to GG until it started spilling over outside the gg containment thread, the mass bans, and the way they behaved with boogie. It was my red pilling, good job dummies lol.

The new resetera is another lolcow. They delayed their launch because people were leaking discord chats! Apparently they're pre-banning certain communities like their fighting game community because they're "problematic". Most of their mods were the awful thread derailing types on neogaf and some are shills like shinobi. What a pleasant place that's going to be. I hope they don't lock it to members, their infighting would probably be amusing to watch because neogaf is boring af now :p