Neil Peart - RIP

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by alanm, Jan 10, 2020.

1. alanm

alanm Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus 2080 Dual OC
  2. rm082e

rm082e Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 970 SLI
    I've never been a Rush fan, but I respect his talent and contribution to music in a big way. His music touched a lot of people in a really serious way. God speed Neil!

jaggerwild likes this.
  3. Elder III

Elder III Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Both Red and Green
    I always admired/respected Rush, and they were huge influences on many of the bands that are among my favorites now. They have been my brother's favorite band since our teenage years, so I'm pretty familiar with them just from that. In any case, I believe Neil Peart was fully deserving of his place in every "Top X Drummers" list.

jaggerwild likes this.
  4. Size_Mick

Size_Mick Master Guru

GPU:
    Asus GTX 1070 8GB
    This is really sad news. Another Great goes and we're left with Selena Gomez.

jaggerwild likes this.

5. Texter

Texter Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Club3d GF6800GT 256MB AGP
    Sad thing he died at such a relatively young age, the guy was a drumming legend and an inspiration too so many drummers. Only ever saw Rush play once, though...on their 30th anniversary tour. Time to watch that show again...

6. jaggerwild

jaggerwild Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA FTW 1080
    Back on topic,
    top 5 of all time drummer, I present YYZ(YY Zeed!) in canadain Ehh! Also Neil's wife died of Cancer from a previous marriage, after that I think things went down hill for him, they stated he fought off brain cancer for the last few years(very sad!!!).