Need Vega 64 help!

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon' started by Tyler Siegrist, Apr 6, 2019.

?

Do you own or have used a Vega 64? Would you recommend them to a friend?

1. Yes & Yes

54.5%
  2. Yes & No

27.3%
  3. Go Nvidia

18.2%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Tyler Siegrist

Tyler Siegrist New Member

GPU:
    MSI Vega 64
    Hello Everyone,

I really need some help with tuning my Vega 64, I've looked up a ton of information on my issues and none of them help. I have an MSI Vega 64 Airboost that I put an Alphacool Eiswolf GPX-Pro on, and now my GPU won't run stable in a game on stock settings. I tried to flash bio to LC but I keeps giving me a compatibility error and won't let me flash. Every time a run a game I have to undervolt and turn the clockspeeds down to 1600 MHz at 1050mV to be semistable till the screen freezes up and I have to hard restart. GPU temps rarely go above 40c, and I can run my Memoryanywheree from 800MHz-1150MHz and it doesnt affect the stability(the GPU will still crash).

Ryzen 2700x - Cooled by Corsair 240 AIO
    MSI Vega 64 Airboost -Cooled by Alphacool Eiswolf GPX 240
    Asus B-450
    Corsair 3200MHz 2x8GB
    EVGA G2 850

2. The_Amazing_X

The_Amazing_X Master Guru

GPU:
    Red Devil V64
    Check the hot spot. If it's to high you will have to take the cooler out, repaste and put it back again. Also check vrm temps.

Tyler Siegrist likes this.
  3. Tyler Siegrist

GPU:
    MSI Vega 64
    I did all that and the Hot spot temps have dropped a lot but
    I'm still getting random crashes at 65c on the hotspot temp. I have it Undervolted, and the clock set below base at 1652MHz. the memory is oc at 1100MHz, and doesn't go above 72c. PL is set to +50%

4. GlennB

GlennB Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire Vega 56 EK
    Check if the VRM's are properly cooled and that all cooling pads are properly installed.

5. The_Amazing_X

GPU:
    Red Devil V64
    Ok. Check the vrm pads it's really important, the strix card had that problem. Next ddu and new drivers, and run at stock, run superposition on the game mode, turn on the machine at the end and just leave it there with all objects moving. Next start undervolt slowly, the oc. Also keep in mind you need a very good psu for the Vega.

6. Tyler Siegrist

GPU:
    MSI Vega 64
    Thank you for you’re feedback, sorry for the late response but I’ve had difficulty using my computer. While i was uv/oc (1567 MHz in p5 at 1000, 1672 MHz in p6 at 1100 and men at 1100)it seemed stable in heaven and gaming last night for a long time. I launched forza horizon 5 to run their benchmark and I got some crazy artifacts. The system crashed now I have artifacts on the screen 100% of the time and can’t get them to go away. I swapped to the second bios. Clean all the driver and reinstalled them and they went away. I launched Hulu to watch some tv, and they came back. Not really sure what to do now. 90% sure my psu is stable(evga g2 850 w) my whole build is less then 5 months old. Did I fry my gpu?

7. Tyler Siegrist

GPU:
    MSI Vega 64
    The second photo is after using ddu and having no drivers installed

8. Tyler Siegrist

GPU:
    MSI Vega 64
    Guess I can’t cooy paste photos

9. The_Amazing_X

GPU:
    Red Devil V64
    The core needs alot of voltage for you to kill it. Put the stock Bios on it, also use 2 cabbles from the psu and just not one. This helps sometime.

You can try this, lower the hbm speed to 800 and core to 1400. check if you have artifacts, if not continue to raise one at the time.

10. Tyler Siegrist

GPU:
    MSI Vega 64
    I'm on a stock bios, and have been using two cables. whenever I clean install the newest Radeon drivers I'm meet with artifacting and under device manager, I'm getting code 43

11. newls1

newls1 Member Guru

GPU:
    Titan XP (2017)
    any possible chance you may have chipped the gpu core when installing waterblock?

12. Embra

Embra Master Guru

GPU:
    Vega 64 Nitro+LE
    Cut back on your memory OC, if not just run it at stock.