Need the 3.7 CP with everything working...

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by nofool, Oct 22, 2003.

1. nofool

nofool Maha Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX470 Superclocked
    including Truform and the Cat. 3.7 Control Panel settings in Display where you can sync to "Same as Desktop". After all this big confusing mess with the Cat. 3.8's, I went back to 3.7 Drivers and Control Panel, but the Control Panel I've got (6.14.10.5029) was evidently the first 3.7 Control Panel release where someone left Truform out of both Direct3D and OpenGL, and left out all the nice settings in "Display" where you can lock the refresh rate to "Same as Desktop". I remember there was a subsequent release where it was put back in, but now I can't find it -- certainly not at the ATI driver site.

My guess is that ATI will go into complete denial on this 3.8 controversy, and therefore not release anymore new drivers until about the middle of next month -- right on schedule. It's too bad really. I like the 3.8 drivers and I really liked the 3.8 control panel, but not enough to take a chance on burning up my video card.

Anyway, can someone please tell me where the "new and improved" Catalyst 3.7 Control Panel is?

2. BlueFin

BlueFin Guest

www.omegacorner.com :) Get omegas 3.7s m8 a single download that has ctrl panel included in driver dload. Remember too delete your old ctrl panel in add/remove bevore you reinstall Omega drivers Trueform options are in this set :) and remember to disable DCC in the options for the refresh rates to auto work (everythings in the readme above the driver download . Good luck

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 22, 2003
  3. nofool

nofool Maha Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX470 Superclocked
    I'll try the CP download here at Guru3D

The first release of the 3.7 Control Panel was missing several things. Here's the posting exchange that documented that, back in September: http://www.guru3d.com/forum/showthread.php?threadid=62951

If you're trying to get back the correct 3.7 Control Panel, with Truform and refresh "Same as Desktop" in it, download the version that's available here at Guru3D. This same download at the ATI site is hosed.

Does anyone know when ATI plans to respond (as promised) about the alleged problems with the 3.8's harming video cards? They responded quickly to the charges about monitors being ruined, but I haven't seen anything from them on the cards.

From now on it'll be part of my SOP that I don't load anybody's damn drivers until they've been "guinea-pigged" on the public for at least a week....