1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need some scanline sync help from the gurus

Discussion in 'Rivatuner Statistics Server (RTSS) Forum' started by David Martin, Jul 30, 2019.

1. David Martin

David Martin New Member

GPU:
    Sapphire RX 570 4GB
    Good evening everyone, I have been looking around the internet for a couple days now and am having difficulty figuring out the answer to my question. For some context, I recently upgraded from a standard Dell 1080p 60 Hz 16:9 monitor to a LG ultrawide (2560x1080 21:9) 75 Hz display. I have used the somewhat recent scanline sync feature in RTSS with the value of 1050 for a while now on the old display to great effect, no screen tear in virtually every game I play and a frame rate cap of 60, love the feature. Now for my question, what value should I use now for scanline sync with new slightly higher refresh rate of 75 Hz? The value I used with my old display, 1050, has me capped at 60.

2. Andy_K

Andy_K Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 960 OC
    The value for scanline sync does not cap you at any frame rate, that's a different setting.

3. RealNC

RealNC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 980 Ti FTW
    If it caps you to 60FPS, that means you're running your monitor at 60Hz, not 75.