Need some quick input about Final Pay

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by justmeez, Jan 13, 2014.

1. justmeez

justmeez Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX670 SC SLI
    Ok guys need some thoughts and input on a situation. I recently quit my job at a small company in the Telecom Industry. Just for reference we built and maintained cellular sites (Towers, Monopoles,ground and rooftops) for all major carriers.

In any case I left the company and was supposed to get my final pay this past Friday but I never received it. When I inquired they said that they've just switched payroll companies and nobody got payed. (which seems to be true since I called some of their employees) Now when I asked them how this would all be resolved they told me they wanted me to fill out all the boarding documents aka all the forms and apps you fill out when you get hired.

All this just to get my final check. Effectively being rehired for my last paycheck only this time there are more docs than the first time. Does it make sense to go through the whole process again or will I possibly get screwed somehow? FYI this is the only job I've had and only for about 2 years so I really don't know much about these things.

Any thoughts appreciated, sorry for the short novel tried to keeps the word count low.:)

2. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Lawyer up.

3. hallryu

hallryu Don Altobello

GPU:
    2x HD7970
    Fill out the forms, get your money.

4. Speed Weed

Speed Weed Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX 260+
    Perhaps you've been fortunate in that you got another job when you did.
    These 'small' companies tend to be fly-by-night outfits who disappear without warning, and reappear a week later under a different name.
    As someone already posted earlier, you need an ambulance-chasing lawyer to help you receive you final paycheck.

5. Pzykotik

Pzykotik Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC RTX 2070 AMP
    This.

6. justmeez

justmeez Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX670 SC SLI
    Thanks for the replies, filled out the forms and warned them of their shenanigans or rather that there better be a lack of them. Hopefully these snakes pay what they owe without any issues.