need some help

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce' started by overlordmike, Apr 16, 2016.

1. overlordmike

overlordmike Member

GPU:
    RTX 2070 Super
    so over the past year ive had 3 graphics cards. i originally purchased a gtx 970 a year ago and noticed it was artifacting a month or so in so i sent it back and got a new one, after a few months this one also artifacted and since i already returned it i had to purchase a new card.

now i have a 1month old evega gtx 970 at stock clocks, has worked fine for a while. but today i noticed slight artifacting in the forms of black lines across my screen (i use a 32 inch vizio tv as my monitor).

so i was curious as this is now the third card i had that did this and took it into my local bestbuy for a diag. they claim nothing is wrong from what they can tell but it sounds like a graphics card issue although there testing says otherwise.

i am now wondering could this be my tv that is causing the artifacting. either due to a faulty hdmi or the screen itself. im wondering this due to the fact that recently the screen has started flickering. if i turn it on then off it usually stops.

so far i have posted a few times on these forums and people have said its my powersupply, graphics card or proccessor in various posts. but like i said i just ran a diag and everything came back fine.

i will also note that i ran 3dmark11 3 times today to see if there was artifacting in that and none came up.

so could it be my monitor?

thx in advance for any help.

2. vase

vase Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    why do you double post? i answered in your other thread.

3. overlordmike

overlordmike Member

GPU:
    RTX 2070 Super
    didnt know which tread this belonged in tbh.

also your post didnt answer my question on weather or not it could be the tv or cord causing the issue or not.

also if not that , could there be some other issue other than the card/proc/power supply that could be causing this.

they are apearing as one - two diagnal black lines with white lines in the inside. ill try to get a pic next time it happens

4. nz3777

nz3777 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gtx 980 Strix
    What I would do......

1) st check and see if you switch to another Hdmi cable
    2)What driver version are you currently using? Try diffrent driver versions
    3) Do you have access to another monitor/Hdtv? to make sure its not the Vizio.
    4) If all else fails can you exchange the card again?

I had a Vizio back in the day pretty-much for same reason, It gave me a whole mess of headaches/Issues with my Graphics cards. Advice.... Just me but If you can squeeze in a new gaming monitor something in the 200-300 range that has Dvi,Display-port ect.... It would only benafit you to do so.

5. overlordmike

overlordmike Member

GPU:
    RTX 2070 Super
    1.currently switched out the hdmi . seems like theres less screen tearing without vsync on. no signs of the issue yet

2. currently running nvidias newest driver for the card 364.72 all tho this has happened b4 with a previous driver as well.

3. sadly no, my tv is the only tv in the house that has plugs for pc connection. other tvs are quite old

4 most likely but after 3 cards im starting to think its not the issue