need some help

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by overlordmike, Apr 15, 2016.

1. overlordmike

overlordmike Member

GPU:
    RTX 2070 Super
    so over the past year ive had 3 graphics cards. i originally purchased a gtx 970 a year ago and noticed it was artifacting a month or so in so i sent it back and got a new one, after a few months this one also artifacted and since i already returned it i had to purchase a new card.

now i have a 1month old graphics card, has worked fine for a while. but today i noticed slight artifacting in the forms of black lines across my screen (i use a 32 inch vizio tv as my monitor).

so i was curious as this is now the third card i had that did this and took it into my local bestbuy for a diag. they claim nothing is wrong from what they can tell but it sounds like a graphics card issue although there testing says otherwise.

i am now wondering could this be my tv that is causing the artifacting. either due to a faulty hdmi or the screen itself. im wondering this due to the fact that recently the screen has started flickering. if i turn it on then off it usually stops.

so far i have posted a few times on these forums and people have said its my powersupply, graphics card or proccessor in various posts. but like i said i just ran a diag and everything came back fine.

i will also note that i ran 3dmark11 3 times today to see if there was artifacting in that and none came up.

so could it be my monitor?

thx in advance for any help.

2. overlordmike

overlordmike Member

GPU:
    RTX 2070 Super
    also should note that all my clocks are at stock clocking

3. vase

vase Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    think about it...
    is it the same artifacting all 3 times?
    if yes.. then it wasnt the graphics card all the time...

4. overlordmike

overlordmike Member

GPU:
    RTX 2070 Super
    which is why i came here asking if it was possible for the tv or hdmi cord to cause these issues.

i will note that i relaunched the game with a diff hdmi cord and there seems to be less screen tearing without vsync on. but that could be another thing alltogether

5. vase

vase Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    isnt a hdmi cord easier to switch than a graphics card?
    ofc it could be the tv or the hdmi cord.

you returned one card and you purchased a third card.
    why not just borrow a monitor from a friend with a DVI cable to check if the issue is gone then?
    saves you 400$ for a new GPU :rolleyes:

6. Pyrage

Pyrage Master Guru

GPU:
    580 CF@ 1470
    My screen would have weird artifacts no matter what some time ago. I eventually found out that the hdmi port of my monitor broke somehow, had no problems using DVI. So I just started to use that instead, problem solved.