Need some help with 40"TV choice

Discussion in 'Computer Monitor Forum' started by Saber, Feb 4, 2014.

1. Saber

Saber New Member

GPU:
    Custom Radeon
    Hello guys ,I just bought myself a reclining couch and it's amazing just got rid of my office chair and desktop . And I'm sitting 2meters away from the monitor and 27"is not that small but I want something bigger .
    I'll be watching cable tv and gaming with a controller and ill might be getting a ps4 down the road .
    My budget is 800$
    No 4k ,it's too early and expensive and I live in japan so I can't get the cheap us models .
    I'm thinking Sony or Panasonic .

2. Tacoboy

Tacoboy Master Guru

GPU:
    AMD 7800
    It might be a little difficult to recommend something, as with Japanese companies they sometimes sell a certain model in Japan, but sell other models overseas.
    You might consider checking Consumer Reports, see which brands get the better reviews.

3. Edamski

Edamski Member Guru

GPU:
    Palit 460 GTX 1gb
    Samsung and Panasonic seem to be getting all the reviews at the minute but LG is certainly worth a look in my opinion. As stated above not sure how much giving model numbers will help.

The samsung 5000 series is fairly cheap these days and well liked by a lot.

4. Saber

Saber New Member

GPU:
    Custom Radeon
    Thanks for the reply .of course the Japanese model and other country models are not the same .What I want to know is how high can the input lag go without hitting the sport viewing or gaming sessions .
    I actually use the Dell U2713hm 1440p (i know ) and the input lag is 8ms .
    I've been using a PC screen for more than 15 years ,i do notice the ugly pixels when I'm at a store lolling on the 60" tv @1080p the thing is I'm getting old and my rest time is really short ,work family and so .
    I just want to relax and a desktop PC wasn't cutting it ,I need some advice guys .
    Much appreciate :nerd:
    I'll move to the HTPC section

Last edited: Feb 7, 2014