Need some advice for buying a new monitor.

Discussion in 'Computer Monitor Forum' started by Smokey25, Jan 19, 2021.

1. Smokey25

Smokey25 Member Guru

GPU:
    GTX970 EVGA FTW+
    So my old monitor just died. Im looking for a 60hz - 1920 x 1080 monitor being 24 inch max cus ive read its the best size for 1080p. About a year ago i tried replacing my monitor when it still worked. Bought some MSI optix which i returned because there was too much ghosting going on,then i bought some BenQ zowie,which i also returned because it had very visible verticle black lines across the screen. Price needs to be around 400 - 500e. I dont care about 4k or 144hz etc, 60hz is fine for me as is 1080p. Aslong as the screen doesnt have an excessive amount of ghosting. I just dont know what to buy atm,there are so much models around,and i remember last time i tried i spend like a month looking around forums and asking for advice and still ended up being dissapointed.

60hz
    1080p
    24 inch
    No visible ghosting
    400 - 500e

thanks in advance.

2. Smokey25

Smokey25 Member Guru

GPU:
    GTX970 EVGA FTW+
    Nvm that,i went ahead and bought the Asus TufVG259QM 280hz on OC,240hz on normal use,quality wise it could be better,i have not much complaints besides that but i do switch my profiles around alot for when im watching a movie,playing a game or reading. Blurbuster has a good section about this monitor aswell. Even Tomshardware.com said its the best monitor they ever tested ( Link at the bottom )
    "Quote from Tomshardware.com review"
    "In terms of pure gaming performance, this monitor is currently without equal. Now that Asus has cracked the low motion blur versus Adaptive-Sync code, we suspect the VG259QM is a harbinger of things to come. For now, though, we know of no other monitor that can do what this one does. If ultimate gaming performance is your goal, the VG259QM should be too.

At first glance, it may not impress with its sRGB color gamut and HDR that neither adds to nor takes away from image quality; but the VG259QM’s ability to run Adaptive-Sync and ELMB at the same time is, dare we say, a game changer. The 280 Hz refresh rate is certainly impressive, but on its own, it won’t deliver the same experience. ELMB bests any overdrive we’ve seen at maintaining motion resolution at high frame rates. There is literally no difference in appearance between moving objects and stationary ones. Background textures stay sharp no matter what. And control response is as fast as it gets. The experience is addictive and once you see a VG259QM in action, you’ll have a hard time going back to another monitor."

"There is certainly a lot to be said for high pixel density, ultra-wide curved screens and extended color. But even without those things, the VG259QM is one of the best gaming monitors we’ve ever reviewed.

The ghosting and motion blur is non existant,its insanely good. A static picture looks the same as when ur moving,there is no trailing/ghosting/motion blur at all. I did need to calibrate my screen a bit for certain games and i do think the gamma levels are a bit off. But besides that,this monitor is a damn beast but the screen quality might not appeal to everyone if you watch more movies or do editing as gaming. Im not into competetive shooters myself,but this monitor will be one of the best for it. There is zero input lag,no ghosting,no motion blur, no tearing being 240 - 280hz,Gsync compatible aswell i dont think there is an equal in this price range.

There are also "secret" options to be used on this monitor as explained here https://forums.blurbusters.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=7414.

https://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/asus-tuf-vg259qm/6

Last edited: Jan 21, 2021