Need power supply unit for this PC

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by Zombie Penguin, May 12, 2011.

1. Zombie Penguin

Zombie Penguin New Member

GPU:
    2xAsus DCII GTX 560 Ti
    Hi this is my first post here so please be nice to me :)
    Anyways I wanted to build a pc with this hardware... and i dont know what power supply unit i should take.
    Can you please help me?

2 x
    Graphics card NVIDIA GeForce GTX
    MSI N560GTX-Ti Twin Frozr II/OC
    NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560 Ti, 1024 MB, 256 Bit, PCIe 2.0 x16
    € 212,90*
    x2 = € 425,80*

1 x
    CPU Socket 1155
    Intel® Core™ i5-2500K
    4x 3300 MHz, 4x 256 kByte, 6144 kByte, Sandy Bridge
    € 184,90*

1 x
    Mainboards base 1155
    MSI P67A-GD65 (B3)
    Intel® P67 Express, ATX, 2x PCIe 2.0 x16, SLI, Crossfire, 1155
    € 152,90*

1 x
    main memory DDR3-1600
    Corsair DIMM 8 GB DDR3-1600 Kit
    8192 MB, CL9 9-9-24, 2, PC3 12800
    € 76,90*

I don't know so much about power supply units so your help is greatly appreciated!
    Also excuse my english, my first language is German.

Also will this pc work together ( i mean do the parts work well together.. of course i need the right data links for every part so you could advice me, i prefer when the price performance ratio is the best)

Thanks for your help!

2. Lane

Lane Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2x HD7970 - EK Waterblock
    Ofc they will perfectly work together ..

What's your budget for the PSU ? and are you overclocking your system or not ?

I will recommend a 750W PSU at min. and 800-850W if you OC your CPU or / and GPU's .

As you go for SLI, don't go for the cheaper basic PSU, a good solid one will save you some headache in the future and the PSU will last longer. ( A PSU who is used close the limit all the time will die quicker or give you instability, even if under normal condition the PSU look fine or if the PSU look to work perfectly the first 3 months . )

Then the brand will depend on your budget for them ....

Last edited: May 12, 2011
  3. KingCobra

KingCobra Member Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX660ti SLI
    One of my pc's is very similar to yours. Same motherboard, ram amounts, and 2 460's in sli. I have been a big fan or corsair power supplies. In 10 years of using them I have yet to have one fail. I use a TX750 watt supply with my setup and haven't had one issue. Always clean reliable power, and from what I've read Corsair under-rates the psu's slightly so you can get closer to the load ceiling in them without worrying as much. They also have a supply for every price budget from consumer to professorial level depending on how much overclocking you are going to do. Whatever you decide to go with good luck.

4. Zombie Penguin

GPU:
    2xAsus DCII GTX 560 Ti
    Thanks for your answers.
    I didn't plan on OC anything yet, because the graphics cards are already.
    Maybe I will do that later so i thought about 850 W PSU (maybe from Corsair)...

They are around 200 € maybe I find a cheaper one.
    But as I said it need 4*6-Pin data links for the 2 cards

5. Trolle

Trolle Maha Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 1070 sniper
    a 750w psu should be more then enough(even works well for my pc)

6. Zombie Penguin

GPU:
    2xAsus DCII GTX 560 Ti
    Cougar GX1050/R 1050W

Would this be good?
    I planned on OC the CPU

Last edited: May 12, 2011
  7. crap daddy

crap daddy Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX960 SSC
    Overkill. Go with Corsair TX850 just to be on the safe side although the TX750 would be enough.

8. Makalu

Makalu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 8800 Ultra
    The Cougar GX1050 is pretty decent but the energy efficiency isn't going to be all that great when your system isn't under loads. PSU's are designed for best efficiency in the 20%-100% load range and the system you have in mind would idle under 200W DC. The Cougar is a little higher end affair than the Corsair TX750/850 with the gold efficiency and modular cabling and quieter fan and sharp looking. The Corsair TX's are the "old" CWT PSH design tweaked some over the years...not terribly old...little over 5 years...little bit longer than Corsair has been in the PSU business with their 5 year warranty intro units...go figure lol ;)

The Corsair AX750 would be a better alternative to the Cougar or maybe a Thermaltake Toughpower Grand Gold 750/850 or Seasonic X750...those are all modular...I like the Toughpower.