need help with my tcl roku tv 55425

Discussion in 'The HTPC, HDTV & Ultra High Definition section' started by Vize, Jul 5, 2020.

1. Vize

Vize Master Guru

GPU:
    Asus Turbo Gtx 1060 6GB
    guys maybe you can help with something i am trying to find the advanced picture settings on my tv and they are nowhere to be found i even googled it and watched youtube i want to see how to turn off the CMI and change the hdr to dark hdr and stuff and see how it looks different can someone help with this i would call TCL but they closed

i have tried playing 4k hdr 60hz youtube videos to look for it there on the tv app itself and also i tried a 4k hdr game devil may cry 5 on my xbox one x and i cant find advanced picture settings or how to turn cmi off

2. Vize

Vize Master Guru

GPU:
    Asus Turbo Gtx 1060 6GB
    come on someone here must own a tcl tv

3. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    HDR setting dont show on the TV less the TV activates hdr mode if you dont see hdr in top right corner it not active. Advanced settings( gamma correction and color correct etc, only work threw TCL app, also make sure 2.0 hdmi is active on tv input if 1.4 is used it probably wont work.

Even if you set up everything correctly and calibrate everything in hdr mode the S425 not really capable of truly doing hdr for it to stand out from sdr.

I see almost no difference between hdr and sdr on my 55 S515 and it is calibrated which better hdr rating then one you have it does make my ps4 louder in hdr mode

Not sure what you mean by cmi though if you talking about micro contrast/dynamic Contrast along with action smoothing which is that fake refresh rate junk there all in picture settings and I have them all off. but all the hdr setting dont become available till the tv is actual activates hdr mode which depicted by hdr logi in corner

Last edited: Jul 8, 2020