Need Help with GA-K8NS

Discussion in 'Processors and motherboards AMD' started by saskgman, Nov 22, 2005.

1. saskgman

saskgman New Member

GPU:
    Leadtek 6800
    Hey guys and Girls....
    Having a little problem with mother board, need some help before i chuck it in garbage.

Had the mother board(GA-K8NS), for about 4 months before my games started freezing, battlefront,brothers in arms etc.
    Here are the things ive done to correct them, after reading and reading through the posts on this forum and others

-- new bios, new drivers for motherboard old and new,new drivers for vid card old and new, older bios versions, put in ati 9800 still the same freezing, tried different PS didnt work, increased voltage in agp, and to cpu, and in memory, (back to default now) didnt work,mem test 86 passed, another mem test (cant remember name) passed, took out one stick of memery, still froze,put in other stick still froze.

So im running out of ideas. The video card,CPU and ram,PS, and HDD, are now in my msi neo and all work great no prob what so ever.

What gets me is i can do the web thing all day etc and it runs fine, but play a game for 5-10 min and freezes the machine. My temps are all under 50, and im running it outside a case for testing and still freezes.
    So any other things i can try, or did i just end up with a bad board that showed signs of going bad after using it for a few months. Nothing was over clocked on board or vid card.

The PS is a 550 watt, and is working fine with the msi neo with all the hardware with no problems
    Thanks
    Gord

Last edited: Nov 22, 2005
  2. Kyaner

Kyaner Hellenic Guru

GPU:
    XFX 8800GT 700/1680/1000
    How are your NorthBridge temps ?
    Is the heatsink properly sitted ?

3. saskgman

saskgman New Member

GPU:
    Leadtek 6800
    whats the easiest program to check those be?

4. Kyaner

Kyaner Hellenic Guru

GPU:
    XFX 8800GT 700/1680/1000
    To check the temps try motherboard monitor 5.
    As for the NB HSF well nothing beats the hands on approach.... Just open the case and check if it's properly sitted.

5. RLok

RLok Member

GPU:
    Inno3D GeForce FX5900XT 128mb
    hmm, sounds more along the lines of a similar problem I'm having. What chipset is the problem motherboard per chance?

6. saskgman

saskgman New Member

GPU:
    Leadtek 6800
    GA-K8ns Nforce 3-250..Ive read that ppl have beenhaving trouble with 6800 vid cards in these nforce 250 boards, Ive tried a Readeon 9700pro and the same things happen

7. Ayune

Ayune Master Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia 6800GT 256mb (AGP)
    Im using K8NS PRO and 6800GT, the only VGA driver that solved my freeze problem is FW 71.20 (AGP fast write: OFF).