Need help with Afterburner

Discussion in 'MSI AfterBurner Application Development Forum' started by MarcinQ, May 9, 2021.

1. MarcinQ

MarcinQ Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3090
    Hi, I use MSI Afterburner (currently 4.6.3.16053) for about half of year, I had my preferred profile and everything was all right until yesterday. Yesterday the app just lost control of voltages etc. Okey, maybe it doesn't lost control at all because it reacts e.g for power limit changes.. I have undervolted Asus Rog Strix RTX 3090 (undervolted because it's way less noisy and one of my cpu water cooler fans got broken causing temperature increase) and it was working stable, not reaching more than ~340W and 1860MHz of the clock and 68C. I did undervolting with this tutorial. But yesterday for some reason the things got changed and it goes all the way (in terms of power consumption) over 400W when gpu usage is high. If it's not reaching more than 90-95% of usage it holds my limits, but with more usage it behaves like there's no limits, just like a stock settings. Before, when my gpu usage was low, it was constant 1860MHz (as it was my limit set in voltage curve), I mean it was ok. Now it's dynamic and changes all the time, which means it doesn't work as it used to. The last change I made was updating gpu drivers to the last one about 1 week ago (466.27). I've turned on every possible setting giving it the control, kernel mode, hardware control, low level IO driver, unlock voltage control in Afterburner. I've even reinstalled Afterburner and set up everything once again and it's still the same. I don't have any other app to control the gpu. Something is wrong, but I don't even know what, because I didn't change anything. Did something change in Nvidia drivers or in Afterburner itself? Maybe in Windows 10 (I have fully updated 20H2 version)? Running Afterburner in admin mode doesn't change anything. Does anyone know what is going on?

Thanks.