Need help understanding 3DMARK results

Discussion in 'Benchmark Mayhem' started by busboi, May 7, 2019.

1. busboi

busboi Member

GPU:
    EVGA SC 1080GTX
    chispy likes this.
  2. chinobino

chinobino Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX980Ti Lightning
    His GPU boost clock = 2,000 MHz
    Your GPU boost clock = 1,759 MHz
    His CPU boost clock = 4,603 MHz
    Your CPU boost clock = 4,203 MHz

3. busboi

busboi Member

GPU:
    EVGA SC 1080GTX
    "s t i f f y" is my alias. My scores should be higher, I just don't understand. My RAM is running at 3200Mhz as well.

Last edited: May 7, 2019
  4. busboi

busboi Member

GPU:
    EVGA SC 1080GTX
    i made sure my video card was in the x16 slot, so that can't be it. Seriously? does anyone have any reasons why this is happening?

5. chispy

chispy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080Ti - RX 580
    Hi there , he is using a different version of Timespy benchmark , also he runs a different driver on his vga. If you look closely you can see he beats you on all the graphics test and i suspect 3dmark is not reporting the correct clocks on his video card , perhaps he was running higher clocks than reported. You did beat him on the cpu test so that's great.

I will give you a couple of tips and tricks for TS.

TS likes high memory clocks on the video card and scores a lot better because of it , oc your vga memory as high as you can get it without errors. Test different drivers to see wish one gives you the best score. Run windows on diagnostic mode and only enable Futurmark systemscan and driver. Tighten your Ram latencies ( secondary and tertiaries on your Bios ). Now run TS and see if your score gets close or beat his scores ;)

busboi likes this.
  6. Hulk12

Hulk12 Active Member

GPU:
    GTX 980 Ti SC+
    More 1 reason is... CPU and/or RAM and/or GPU overclocked for any other user. ;)