need help setting up sound card?

Discussion in 'Soundcards, Speakers HiFI & File formats' started by jmv, Mar 15, 2010.

1. jmv

jmv Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX 5850 Black Edition
    Alright, i need some pointers.

I've got an ASUS Xonar D2X soundcard. I've got klipsch promedia 2.1 speakers hooked up to it. I just got AT&T UVerse tv service, and I want to have it play through my monitor and computer speakers (my monitor is a samsung XL2370). The box is all hooked up and the HDMI is connected to my monitor, and it shows the images when I switch to HDMI. The optical port on the box is connected to the S/PDIF in on my soundcard. I don't get any sound from the speakers, and cannot figure out how to do so after browsing around the driver software, or reading the whole users guide.

My monitor has an analog, 1/8" jack for 'audio out', i tried connecting that to the line in on the sound card and that didn't work. It also has an optical port, I tried connecting to that instead of to the box and it didn't work.

Can anyone help me out?

2. TracesofCopper

TracesofCopper Member

GPU:
    280GTX WB OC
    Have you tried the AT&T Uverse forum? http://utalk.att.com/

I've used It a few times. The people there are very friendly and helpful most of the time.

3. jmv

jmv Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX 5850 Black Edition
    It was an issue with my soundcard drivers, i don't think they had installed correctly. I've been having weird issues like that, i think its down to RAM incompatibility.

4. ROBSCIX

ROBSCIX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    22" LCD on GTX260 C216
    Ram incompatibility with what?

5. TracesofCopper

TracesofCopper Member

GPU:
    280GTX WB OC
    It kept "butting In" on his audio....:p

6. jmv

jmv Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX 5850 Black Edition
    My RAM wasn't working right with my mobo/system, and I was having headaches starting with windows installation... i think it messed with the installation of several different things, and lots of stability problems. I could be wrong, but I've just been doing fresh installs of everything with my new memory, and everything has been doing swimmingly.