Need help guru's! with G-sync compatible lg ultragear

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by bensmooth, Sep 25, 2021.

1. bensmooth

bensmooth Member Guru

GPU:
    3060Ti Elite Rev2
    Ok guy's i purchased this monitor " LG "32" 32GN500-B" as it was on sale for a good enough price range for myself, i know it was free sync premium and g-sync compatible too.

Now i received the monitor and plugged it into my new 3060 rtx ti elite v2 i also purchased on the same site , ie overclockers

Problem im getting is the option won't show up in the control panel to set up gsync nor will it show up when i go into the lg osd menu an enable freesync basic or freesync premium

Any idea's?

As i upgraded from a watercooled 980gtx ti, so im abit behind on the generation scale but card was a beast for year's :p

2. Ital

Ital Member Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC GTX 1080 AMP
    Are you using DisplayPort to connect to your monitor?

3. Maddness

Maddness Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080 Aorus Xtreme
    Is your screens OSD in locked mode. Some setting won't show up if it is, you may need to unlock it. You'll need to enable Adaptive Sync, Freesync, G Sync compatible on the monitor for it to show up in the Nvidia control panel.

OnnA likes this.
  4. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080Ti VISION OC
    Yup, try to enable FS/Gsync via OSD + use DisplayPort
    Should work NP.

bensmooth likes this.

5. bensmooth

bensmooth Member Guru

GPU:
    3060Ti Elite Rev2
    Thanks got it sorted, just it was a new monitor i purchased which came with a labled hdmi 2.1 with ethernet high speed cable , but i guess the port was not .. go figure. So just plugged in a DP2.0 cable and worked straight off the bat :)

Attached Files:

OnnA likes this.
  6. Mineria

Mineria Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 3080 Ti
    When it comes to G-Sync and max refresh rate I think the same goes as for other displays.

7. bensmooth

bensmooth Member Guru

GPU:
    3060Ti Elite Rev2
    Well that's the thing i was getting the full 165Hz over HDMI with the cable supplied but i could'nt turn on G-sYnc without using the DPcable. Really weird but guess the bandwith on the hdmi cable was already maxed out