need help getting credit on cellphone

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by mike41, Apr 13, 2009.

1. mike41

mike41 Maha Guru

GPU:
    Evga 560ti
    ok well i use fido (its a canadian cell company) thay are all good n all but i got the iphone and the iphone firmware actually DOES NOT allow you to edit the carrier wap settings so i had no idea everytime i was using wifi i was using the mobile internet on my phone. Now i hacked into my phone and fixed the problem so i can see and edit my mobile internet settings but i have a charge of about 50$ and i DO NOT want to pay this. I called once and talked to this lady shes like it your fault na na na. I am not willing to pay this because i had no intention of doing this and my phone didnt even allow me to edit my settings at first for the mobile connection to internet.

I have an iphone but it is not from them.

2. scipio

scipio Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Evga 1080 gaming
    good luck

3. DrSiN

DrSiN Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 560 Ti OC 1G
    Sounds like it's your problem to me.
    " iphone firmware actually DOES NOT allow you to edit the carrier wap settings"
    If you didn't get the IPhone from them then its your problem. You should have checked.

4. mike41

mike41 Maha Guru

GPU:
    Evga 560ti
    no here let me explain that part

i had another carrier called rogers and i was able ot do that but then i switched to fido. as soon as i put in the sim card the options for netwrok settings changed, on being me able to edit the network settings to acess their portable web service. ALL fido iphones have this. This is one of those things the cell company tries to screw you over on. i actually had to edit and add a line of code after googling how to re-enable me editing the network settings for the carrier.

Although at first i didnt not know i was even using their internet as i only used wifi and assumed internet would be disabled. only then i got a txt saying pretty much LOL U PWNED GIMME 50$

5. nvlddmkm

nvlddmkm Banned

GPU:
    EVGA GTX285
    +
    = You hosed yourself by trying to do something you weren't supposed to do.

Never assume anything in life....ANYTHING!

6. mike41

mike41 Maha Guru

GPU:
    Evga 560ti
    no lol if i didnt edit the code in it id still be paying the mobile usage fees. now my phone will not connect to the providers mobile internet unless i reinput the info which i wont. But its before i did this that i got charged. I mean its worth more than my bill ffs

7. mike41

mike41 Maha Guru

GPU:
    Evga 560ti
    anyways i solved it now got full credit.
    : )

8. scipio

scipio Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Evga 1080 gaming
    Whats the point of an iphone with no web access?

9. mike41

mike41 Maha Guru

GPU:
    Evga 560ti
    i dont have a data plan way to much (60$ + )
    i still use wifi on it tho