Need help from serious DJs

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by TroM, Sep 4, 2008.

1. Cybermancer

Cybermancer Don Quixote

GPU:
    BFG GTX260OC (192 SP)
    Turntables FTW! :p

I always used the Technics MK2s. Seems like everybody's switching to CDs though... :nerd:

I guess, all the advice I can give you otherwise is to practice, practice, practice. ;)

Do you have a mixset, which you could upload somewhere? :D

2. TroM

TroM Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte HD6850 OC
    Does anyone have any experience with Behringer mixers? A local studio is willing to sell one for around $350 (it's a DDM4000). I think I've seen it on zzounds for around $400 I'll try to find the link :)

3. techniques1200s

techniques1200s Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD R9 270
    I agree that some pioneer CDJ's are the way to go. If you ever wanna check out vinyl though, you can get stanton final scratch and use a laptop full of music with the turntables. CD's are a lot more convenient, but the feel of vinyl is so much more satisfying in my opinion...plus it has history behind it,and with something like final scratch you get all the convenience (or more) of CD's anyways.

You can find technics for pretty cheap these days on ebay, and there are some other brands, like stanton which make some very good and also relatively cheap turntables as well.

Sorry I know you're going for CD's, but I'm just throwing some info out there. ;)

Behringer mixers are alright, though they don't have the best build quality (same goes for most Behringer products). That particular mixer looks like a really good deal for what you get though, so it might be worth it.