Need Help Finding or Building a Case

Discussion in 'Die-hard Overclocking & Case Modifications' started by 91LudeSiT, May 16, 2015.

1. 91LudeSiT

91LudeSiT Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4GD5T@1435/1750
    Gurus,

I have inherited an Asrock z97 Pro 4 motherboard from a friend. Essentially my friend has a bit more money than brains, so when he got impatient trying to fit his corsair H110 GT he just went and bought another motherboard. He then tossed this one to the side and ended up bending a few pins. I asked if I could have it and he of course said yes because he was going to throw it out. One of the members of our test team at work who used to work in our manufacturing group was gracious enough to put it under a microscope and bend the pins back at no charge.

So now I know this isn't the greatest motherboard, but it should be a decent update for me considering I'm still using a phenom II.

I'm probably going to get a 4690K when the price drops a bit more as I'm a little strapped for cash these days. I'll also reuse most of the parts out of the machine that I'm currently using to the left.

However there a couple things I'd like out of my new build. The first is I want to watercool it with a 240mm AIO cooler. I'll probably end up with the corsair H100i GTX since the swiftech H220 isn't available in the US anymore.

Here's where my problem comes in... In my 30's now so I want several things out of my case. The first and most important being silence, I've got that covered since I'm going to use my existing Gentle Typhoon AP-15s everywhere. The second is footprint, I'm pretty tired of huge amounts of space being dedicated to mid tower cases anymore. I'd like something petite that can easily be stuck on a shelf somewhere. I know my challenge is because I've got a Full ATX motherboard and not an mITX. Thirdly I'd like some decent cable management, this isn't hugely important but it will be nice to have.

The lian-li pc-o7s is very close to perfect for me, however at its $399USD price tag it is not in the realm of affordability for me. I've attached a sketch of the basic case layout I'm looking for and would really prefer an HTPC style box. I've look around and nothing I've found really meets this criteria, or ends up with ton's of dead space. The coolermaster silencio 352 is also a decent contender, however it won't fit an ATX motherboard.

Thanks in advance for any advice you can provide.

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 16, 2015