Need Help configuring crucial ballistix RGB RAM. PLZ. : (

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by saberwolf, Nov 3, 2022.

1. saberwolf

saberwolf Member Guru

GPU:
    Vapor-X R9 290x x2
    I know dealing with software is a slippery slope hardware related software.

I've been trying to sync my Crucial Ballistix RGB game hardware using this stable version of ( Crucial Ballistix MOD Utility v19.0.0.0 ) This is a older version... but it appears that this version is the only one that I've installed that has any effect on my RAM RGB. The current version on the Crucial home page does nothing to my RGB lighting effects on my hardware.

IMG_20221103_102023180.jpg
    As shown above in screenshot only the two sticks on the left are active... 2 sticks on the right don't light up at all?

All RAM sticks do work... because when I uninstall the ( Crucial Ballistix MOD Utility v19.0.0.0 ) utility all 4 DIMMS flash rainbow puke colors.

Updated my MOTHERBOARD BIOS.... did not solve the issue... also tried SignalRGB PRO version did not resolve my issue.

Crucial
    support page is of no help at all!!!!!!

I thinking maybe firmware update on the hardware? But when I navigate the ( Crucial Ballistix MOD Utility v19.0.0.0 ) software... I see no firmware update options?

Maybe someone would know of a archive listing site for all Crucial Ballistix MOD Utility software? I'm thinking about trying other versions till I find one that works? Right now I'm at a loss!

Spec: Crucial Ballistix RGB @3800mhz 16X4 64GB

ASUS ROG STRIX X299 - e GAMING II Motherboard

Last edited: Nov 3, 2022
  2. TheDeeGee

TheDeeGee Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4070 Ti
    I've dealt with that Crucial RGB software, it was so bad i decided to buy the same memory without RGB and sold my other kit at a slight loss.

3. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    you need to have write protect for SPD disabled in the bios.