need help choosing right mouse.

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by main_shoby, Jun 28, 2012.

1. maxfly

maxfly Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2x GTX 980 TI
    Clean it up gentlemen. I wont be as lenient if I have to revisit this thread.

2. killer_939

killer_939 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Radeon 7950 @ 1100/1500
    Actually meant making the scroll wheel better and side buttons.

3. Vxheous

Vxheous Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1070 X
    I agree with lehtv, that the way the mouse feels in your hand is more important than the latest technology in mouse precision. That's not to say you don't try and find the best of both, nor try and go pure comfort and pick some 10 year old mouse either.

4. main_shoby

main_shoby Maha Guru

GPU:
    980Ti Qnix 2710 96Hz
    i tossed a coin and picked up logitech G9x .... i hope its a good one, heard good stories about it.
    (reads reviews)

5. sirrith

sirrith Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 5850 1GB
    I've been through a fair number of mice, so I like to think I have some idea of what a good mouse is. This is my list in the past 4 years in no particular order:
    Logitech g5
    Roccat Pyra
    CM Storm Inferno
    CM Storm Sentinel Advance
    Razer Diamondback 3G
    Razer Deathadder Mac Edition
    Razer Deathadder 3G
    Razer Deathadder Black Edition

I think you can tell which my favourite is :)

The one mouse I keep coming back to is the Deathadder; its perfect, great ergonomics, great functionality, not too many buttons, great looks, great precision. The reason I have 3 of them: the first one (mac edition) broke after ~2.5 years of hard use. I bought the 3G. I was a student so I had a desktop back home to which my 3G stayed connected, but I needed another mouse for travel. I bought the CM storm sentinel, it sucked, I returned it, I bought the roccat, it wasn't to my liking, I exchanged it for the logitech, it didn't feel as nice as my deathadder, I stopped using it, I won a CM storm inferno, it wasn't great, but I was sick of changing mice, so I stuck with it; it died randomly one day of its own accord while I was getting a drink in the kitchen, I will never buy another CM storm product again, I bought the Deathadder black edition, it is awesome. I will be buying Deathadders until they discontinue them (the diamondback belonged to my ex, so I used it a few times but didn't really like it).

6. JmanEspresso

JmanEspresso Member Guru

GPU:
    SLI GTX980 FTW
    The Deathadder is money. I love it. Superb FPS mouse. Really just a superb mouse all together.

I bought a new mouse when SWTOR came out, cuz why not. Went with the Mionix Naos 5000. I love it. Like, really really love it. I like the weight system with it too.

Probably the only game I dont like it with is BF3. Idk why, but I just feel more comfortable with my deathadder with BF3. The Mionix really molds into your hand though, and if you liked that about the Naga, you may like this one. The Software is bit a buggy, crashes often, but once you get it set up, its fine. One thing I like that the DA doesnt have is the DPI up-down buttons on the Mionix. Cranked to 5600 for gaming, bring it down to like 3000 for web browsing.