Need Help...Ati Display drivers will not install/start Vista x64

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by subxero, Sep 26, 2008.

1. subxero

subxero Member Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 295
    I just finished assembling my new parts. I did a fresh install of Vista x64, and all of my drivers work except for the ATI ones. I have tried 8.7 - 8.9 and after insall it says the driver is not signed, and the on reboot I get a pop up about there being no ATI display driver installed or functioning properly.

The only driver that seems to install some what is the one from the MS Update that is 8.6 from June. The windows performance rating will not update from a 1.0 either, everything else is a 5.9.

I have had this GPU since early June and have not had any issues. I would appreciate any help or suggestions.

Thanks

2. green_comet

green_comet Member

GPU:
    XFX 5970 Blk + HIS 5870
    Ok what might be causing that is that Vista 64 checks drivers to see if they have been digitally signed, and if not it wont let them install.

Goto start, and in the search bar type in cmd, right click on the command prompt icon and open as admin.

Then type in:

bcdedit /set loadoptions DDISABLE_INTEGRITY_CHECKS

press enter, then type in..

bcdedit –set nointegritychecks ON

and press enter . It should say operation successful after each line is entered. This stops Vista from checking the drivers to see if they have been digitally signed. Restart your computer, and try install the 8.9 drivers again.

Its worth a try.. :)

3. subxero

subxero Member Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 295
    Thanks a lot, they installed fine after I did what you said. Is there anything I need to look out for after making those changes, or did that just effect how drivers are installed? Just curious, I've been using Vista x32 since it released and had read that x64 had to have the drivers signed, but did think it would be a issue with ATI's official drivers. I was more worried about the X-Fi drivers not working, but I had no issues with them.

Should I re enable the driver checks or just forget about it.

Thanks Again

4. green_comet

green_comet Member

GPU:
    XFX 5970 Blk + HIS 5870
    It worked...excellent. :)
    I was thinking that could be the problem, as the first time I used Vista 64 I had this same problem installing Nvidia drivers. Now every time I format ,and re-install Vista 64 I make sure its the first thing I do. All it does is stop Vista from checking to see if the driver has been digitally signed by Microsoft. I would just leave it now, so that way you wont have any problems with any other drivers.

Also copy and save the instructions somewhere, so next time you install Vista 64 you will know what to do.

Cheers
    Ryan

Last edited: Sep 26, 2008