Need help after mis-clicking on "Clean and Shutdown" option in DDU

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by mr1hm, Dec 1, 2015.

1. mr1hm

mr1hm Active Member

GPU:
    GTX 970 G1 Gaming
    yep.. i dun goofed :(

so, i was just simply trying to use DDU to uninstall my previous nvidia driver so that i can install another version but, i have a nasty habit of just randomly click dragging on the desktop to make nice little squares and it got the best of me this one time.

i mis-clicked on the "Clean and Shutdown" option and i am now receiving a black screen as soon as windows boots into the desktop. i can see my motherboard logo and the windows loading screen but, as soon as it loads into the desktop the DVI signal is gone.

i'm currently on windows 10 and was wondering if anyone knew how to revert/fix this by any chance?

thanks in advance :bang:

2. Reddoguk

Reddoguk Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Guru3d GTX 980 G1
    Have you tried to boot into Safe Mode?

Do you have a Windows 10 iso made on a Dvd or USB?

Can you reach Bios settings?

3. mr1hm

mr1hm Active Member

GPU:
    GTX 970 G1 Gaming
    i didn't have a windows 10 iso on a usb stick so i tried re-seating the GPU which didn't help

but, i was able to see the desktop after connecting my monitor to my iGPU (which i completely forgot about) on the 3770k..

made a clean install of my drivers from there and all seems to be back to normal now :D

thanks for your reply, appreciate it!