Need for Speed Unbound

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by OnnA, Sep 30, 2022.

1. Trunks0

Trunks0 Maha Guru

GPU:
    PC RedDevil 7900XTX
    Given that Origin is discontinued and closed, not sure how long that little work around will survive.

2. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    I only ever have issues installing and running games from EA. Steam, Battle.net, Rockstar, Ubisoft and Epic all work fine with no issues at all.

I have GamePass Ultimate on Xbox/PC so I wanted to play the 10 hour FIFA 23 trial on my PC but could not get it run. Origin, which I was using at the time, would not recognise that I had the GamePass subscription so did not allow me to download the trial and the EA App showed that I could download and play the trial but would keep throwing up an error. In the end, I bought the game via the EA App and it downloaded. My excitement was short-lived as the game's infuriating anticheat software kept crashing on launching the game preventing it from even loading.

I was eventually able to load the game after a patch a few weeks later but it required me to launch the EA App and game as admins otherwise the game will not launch. Even now I cannot just, you know, play the damn game from the EA App without messing around to get it to load (I tried last week and EA Anticheat was crashing again).

It has been an absolute nightmare and one that never affected previous FIFAs on PC. There is something seriously broken with their anticheat software in my opinion. The annoying thing is that I only play the single player career mode and never touch the online modes least of all FUT so the anticheat is kind of a hurdle I really don't need.

As for NFS Unbound, well, I only have the EA App installed now and was able to download the trial and load it, no problems, (no EA Anticheat certainly helps!!!) but when I open the desktop shortcut I am told that the game was downloaded to a different account and to sign into that!!! I only have the EA App installed and no-one else uses my account or PC. Fortunately, the game opens fine from within the app but it is yet another nail in the coffin for EA's games for me. I would be happy if I never had to use EA's software ever again!

Last edited: Dec 1, 2022
    chispy and ramthegamer like this.
  3. ramthegamer

ramthegamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac Trinity 3080
    It s a shame really, i really liked EA 20 years ago...or at least until battlefield 4

chispy likes this.
  4. kx11

kx11 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Sadly yeah

5. Reddoguk

Reddoguk Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX3090 GB GamingOC
    The gfx look amazing but i'm not sure about all the cell shading effects and chars.

Also the AI police seem really bad atm. Escaping from the police in an a unmodded Mitsubishi Eclipse should be way harder than it is.

chispy likes this.
  6. ramthegamer

ramthegamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac Trinity 3080
    Guess im gonna redownload nfs 2015 or heat...

chispy likes this.
  7. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    This game seems to be much better on my Xbox Series X with really fast loading times and near identical visuals to the PC on max settings, as far as I can tell from a quick go this morning. That 10 hours trial on GamePass is certainly very handy.

8. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
  9. Reddoguk

Reddoguk Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX3090 GB GamingOC
    wow you have to be shitting me. a bios update on a video card to fix a broken game? Bit extreme is it not.

10. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    Card isnt without its issues as well. Last week it was blackscreening and now its flashing.

11. chispy

chispy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Yes my good friend , i will do the same and download nfs 2015 again as i'm skipping this new nfs unbound game as it is not my thing as i hate the cartoonish characters , cartoonish smoke , handling , drifting , rubber banding , physics and everything else.

See you in game for some fun races and drifting bro. Long live Need For Speed 2015 :D . if you guys want to join us you are all welcome for some good friendly racing , drifting fun.

ramthegamer likes this.
  12. ramthegamer

ramthegamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac Trinity 3080
    origin is crap
    seems i don t own nfs 2015 anymore for some reason because of friggin origin and the merge with psn
    all sorts of problems started to happen .....
    origin is shitttttttttttttttttttttt

13. LocoDiceGR

LocoDiceGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3060 Ti
    Why the grass/trees are so bad?
    Why they dont have individual graphics settings? (I see only medium / high etc etc)
    Latest nvidia driver.

Game looks fun though.

14. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    I tried to find a Need for Speed 2015 but I can't seem to find it..... is it the one called just Need for Speed? I'm a bit confused on that, because it was released in 2016.

[​IMG]

Looking at games on Origin made me realize EA has so little actually good video games on Origin, more interested in selling DLC.

15. So many people returning to NFS2015, that's so cool!

@KissSh0t Yes, just Need For Speed. We call it NFS2015 because it released on PS4 first (2015) and then later in 2016 they released it on Origin.On my origin it looks like this:
    nfs_2015.png

And btw. I agree with you 100% that EA has very little interesting/new games atm.

chispy likes this.

16. Krizby

Krizby Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 4090 TUF
    Game look okay, run very smooth with 0 hiccup, driving mechanic is top notch, game seems a little woke to me but I will just look ahead when I'm driving ;)

17. Witcher29

Witcher29 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080 Gaming X Trio
    Is it just me or does this new nfs almost got the same overworld map as heat ?

18. ramthegamer

ramthegamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac Trinity 3080
    So guys i don t wanna hear this when game is released oh it s great, amazing gameplay...and then after a while or 2months people just statrt hating on it and say go back nfs most wanted.....
    How s the game? Is it close to most wanted? Is it considered good?

19. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    EA ****** up, there is no vbios fix for the game, the GOP/DisplayID updates don't affect anything once windows is posted and booted.

chispy likes this.
  20. ramthegamer

ramthegamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac Trinity 3080
    So people, any decent review from.anyone who own the game? Is it worth 70usd?is it better then nfs 2015??