Need for Speed: The Run

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Xzibit, Apr 28, 2011.

1. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2
    I was referring to the textures and modelling of the faces, which I thought looked outstanding personally, not how realistic the animation was. But what does L.A. Noire have to do with this anyway; we're talking about Need for Speed: The Run which is a completely different genre altogether, one where you usually don't see facial close-ups at all, nevermind real-time ones. ;)

2. HamsterCrispy

HamsterCrispy Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 650 Ti SSC
    @Darren Hodgson: Thanks for the great info about The Run kind sir :D

@Sovietdoc: Exactly, Most Wanted is still the best Need for Speed for me. Honestly Most Wanted runs better on 17 - 20 inch CRT monitors. It becomes too pixelated on widescreens. :D

3. ricardonuno1980

ricardonuno1980 Banned

GPU:
    GTX 780Ti Classified :D
    I also have 21" CRT monitor and I got pure-smooth (= 60Hz + 60fps-vsync or 85Hz + 85fps ...). :D
    I played on most games at 1920x1200@60Hz (some games 2560x1600@60Hz :D but not work win7, yes XP) but I don't play NFS Run because still 30 fps maybe until patch. ;)

NOTE: I don't like any LCD/LCD-LED due to motion blur issue despite these newer TV/monitors. ;)

4. Wokis

Wokis Active Member

GPU:
    Nvidia Geforce GTX Titan
    What frustrates me most is that it has been over a month and they haven't gotten around to release that goddamn patch! We need bugfixes, 60fps (I don't care if some are getting used to 30 fps. It's still an eyesore for me. I'm not watching a movie, I'm playing a game..) and in-game support for MSAA.

A note on hot pursuit. Yes the game came without AA-support but both Nvidia and AMD worked in driver-AA support a while after release.

I ran it with 4x AA, god I hate jaggies, especially on the cars xD

NFS:TR allegedly supports FXAA though I had a hell of a lot of jaggies on my 23" 1920x1080. I put in a more aggressive FXAA injector but I still see plenty of jaggies so I'm still sad about that.

5. HamsterCrispy

HamsterCrispy Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 650 Ti SSC
    Hey can you please tell me how to turn on AA on Hot Pursuit? Pretty please

I quite playing the game coz it got the moves like Jaggers' :D

6. ricardonuno1980

ricardonuno1980 Banned

GPU:
    GTX 780Ti Classified :D
    @HamsterCrispy
    do you not read my post #563!?

7. Li4m79

Li4m79 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xPalit GTX770 Jetstream
    Got this today and was really looking forward to playing it BUT...... why the fook can I not just use my PS2 controller like i do in EVERY other NFS game!!!! Even using x360ce seems to not work...

Anyone else using a NON xbox controller??? How you getting it to work???

8. jeffmorris

jeffmorris Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 760
    I got the game for XBOX 360 for Christmas. Some people said that it took them two hours to finish the race. I assumed that they completed all of the parts of the race on the first try. It took me two real hours to go from San Francisco to Las Vegas which took me several tries.

9. Li4m79

Li4m79 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xPalit GTX770 Jetstream
    BUMP for my issue #567.... its rendering the game unplayable for me..... I HATE the xbox controller, and refuse to buy one.......

10. NVIDIA_X64

NVIDIA_X64 Member

GPU:
    PNY RTX 3090 XLR8
    That is your problem:bang: You need a xbox pad as most PC games now have official plug and play support especially PC ports:)

11. Li4m79

Li4m79 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xPalit GTX770 Jetstream
    was afraid of that.......just sucks, every other nfs game, works nae bother, hopefully they'll update x360ce soon and get it working solid.......

EDIT: Got it sorted!! YAY!!!

If by chance anyone has the same issue using x360ce then here is the link that helped me:

http://code.google.com/p/x360ce/issues/detail?id=223

(Make sure you download "dinput8.dll" (which is what i never did at first)

Now i've been playing for a wee bit, and I do like the game so far stages seem a bit wee at the moment, but visually its pretty nice thought the 30fps would be an issue, but it seems fine...

Last edited: Dec 27, 2011
  12. chispy

chispy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 6900xt / RTX3090
    Been using a Logitech Rumble Pad 2 wireless since the first day the game came out without any problems what so ever , maybe just some game controllers are just not compatible with the game. Also i have started to see people using cheats on this game a lot :( , what a shame the cheaters are destroying the fun for me racing online , They need to release a patch soon and take care of those issues soon , i hope so.

13. gh4stly

gh4stly Master Guru

GPU:
    gtx970 g1 gaming 1599mhz
    FXAA injector tool by some dude works

14. Li4m79

Li4m79 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xPalit GTX770 Jetstream
    only time i really notice lesser AA, is if i pause the game...... I remember NFSHP it was a major issue from the offset.....

I'm getting sick of the "dragons Lair" esqe bits, nice touch, but really..........

Look forward to seeing some of you online, i'm not gonna make the same mistake i did with nfshp, and just add randoms............with that and even unleashed, i had people topping the tables with silly times like really silly...0:001 seconds....wtf??? a-holes

EDIT: I seem to have zero Gurus in my friends list for NFSTR........ "Li4m79" send me request.....

Last edited: Dec 30, 2011
  15. Li4m79

Li4m79 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xPalit GTX770 Jetstream
    Am i missing something on how to add friends in this game..... i thought it was mostly automatic from your Origin account?!?!??

I have 1 friend in this game, and that is it, but i have no weher where I can add any???? WTF's that about?

16. INSTG8R

INSTG8R Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nitro+ 5700XT
    Yeah it just uses your Origin list for friends unlike Shift for example. Only got one friend on my list too that has it and he hasn't even played it for lack of GFX horsepower and any kind of controller...I still wait for him to start playing so I at least have SOMETHING on my wall to go against...

I was halfway thru my 2nd trek cross country when I kinda just packed it in.
    It actually works surprisingly well with my G25 so I wasn't disappointed with the driving at least, just the silly bugs started to get on my nerves so it is shelved for me until I hear some news on a PC patch....

17. Darren Hodgson

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2
    Not directly related to this game but rather than start a new thread I thought I'd ask here: Origin updated to v8.4.0 yesterday but, whereas before it always stayed logged in when it started up with Windows, now I'm having to type in my password despite the Remember Me box being checked (it appears unchecked during Windows bootup now though).

Is anyone else having this issue? It's happened both times I've booted/restarted my PC now and it didn't happen with the previous version (v8.3.7).

18. Redemption80

Redemption80 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    Not got that issue, still saves my password as usual.

I know one of the updates was something to do with password security, so it might be something to do with that, maybe try changing your password to something longer/more varied etc.....
    Might just be a co-incidence though.

19. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX1070 iChillx4
    maybe you need to agree with their terms ? or was that windows live ?

20. Darren Hodgson

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2
    It actually stayed logged in when I booted up this morning so maybe the issue has sorted itself? I did notice a couple of people with the same issue over on the EA Origin forum though so it isn't just me it seems. Hopefully it'll log in automatically when I boot my PC tonight.

My password is over ten characters and uses a combination of upper and lower case letters as well as numbers so I can't see it being anything to do with security myself. EA actually requested that I change my password before Christmas anyway, something to do with updating their website I think, and I did just that.

Last edited: Jan 5, 2012