Need for Speed: The Run

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Xzibit, Apr 28, 2011.

1. Quest

Quest Member Guru

GPU:
    SLI GTX 770 JETSTREAM 4GB
    EA tards not planning make some patch for off 30fps block and add AA?
    Any rumors?

2. TheHunter

TheHunter Banned

GPU:
    MSi N570GTX TFIII [OC|PE]
    i dropped by and saw a lot of people complaining about no AA and 30fps lock.

I made a comment too lol, i said add 30/60fps option - this is a must, Deferred AA option and AF option. :D

Some public EA tech said this, 6 pages later..
    http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/list/75/7735443.page

3. chispy

chispy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 6900xt / RTX3090
    Guys theres a Patch for the game already , open your Origin Account right click on the picture of the game Need For Spped The Run and it will tell you to download the Patch , i just did , it downloaded fine and installed trhu Origin. I have not seen a lot of Info on this Patch , if someone knows what this Patch did to the game please Report it here.

4. KingpinZero

KingpinZero Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI Armor GTX1080
    Could you please check ingame options? I wonder if they enabled AA options, and if it unlocks the framerate by disabling vsync.

5. Quest

Quest Member Guru

GPU:
    SLI GTX 770 JETSTREAM 4GB
    yeh thats interesting info i hope its new patch and good one

6. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2
    It'll be for bug fixes I suspect but I very much doubt that they'll have removed the 30 fps cap or added AA options in this patch as the posts from the developer on the EA forum suggests they are going to look into it.

And just how big is this patch by the way? I'm asking because I have problems with Origin downloading, installing then redownloading the same patches over and over again. I still can't update FIFA 12 for example as it keeps trying to install a 406 MB update. Annoying.

7. Redemption80

Redemption80 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    I had that Fifa issue too, just moved the .exe out of the directory, and then ran a repair.

That sorted it, and not had a problem since then.

8. chispy

chispy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 6900xt / RTX3090
    Must it had been close to 1Gb , it took some time to download on my 12 Mb/s Fiber Optic Line.

9. xtremegamer

xtremegamer Guest

same here mate, getting some flickering textures[black] , but no slowdowns, i think it's a game issue bcoz, on Ea forums i saw someone reported this problem and he's having an Nvidia Gpu.....

10. Darren Hodgson

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2
    Oh that's cool. Glad to know I'm not the only one with that issue. I'll do what you suggested. Many thanks. :banana:

And the NFS: The Run patch is 1 GB in size!!! Or is it yet another bug the bug-ridden Pre-release version of Origin that redownloads the exact files you already have? I certainly would not be surprised because, short of major DLC, or Steam a la The Witcher 2 (sorry!), there's no way any patch should be bigger than a few hundred MBs at most. :O

11. KodY

KodY Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 280X Vapor-X
    They mentioned the fps lock in a Q&A (if you want to call it that)

http://www.needforspeed.com/post/sundays-most-frequently-asked-questions

I don't know how that justifies as an answer but yeah, here you go, lol.

12. Wokis

Wokis Active Member

GPU:
    Nvidia Geforce GTX Titan
    Origin says my NFS is up to date and needs no patch. Maybe they're not releasing it to everyone at once.. :/

Do want some thoughts and info from you guys who are getting the patch. What does it chaange? :D

Goes to the history of truly stupid answers xD

Last edited: Nov 22, 2011
  13. avivoni

avivoni Ancient Guru

GPU:
    560ti 448 classified
    i wouldnt call it breathtaking. but also that doesnt awnser the question about the fps. personally im not bothered by the 30fps. it doesnt look or feel like 30fps. so its all good imo.

14. Wokis

Wokis Active Member

GPU:
    Nvidia Geforce GTX Titan
    Don't know if it has been brought up (it should have been) but in this recap of the launch live chat they had they did say (about 4:30 in) that they're looking into patching away the 30FPS cap :)

15. Darren Hodgson

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2
    @KodY - That response made me cringe as it's typical PR guff. I suspect they haven't asked proper PC gamers at all but properly asked their wives, mums and the tea lady what they thought of the game, i.e. people who wouldn't really know any better! ;)

16. JorGul

JorGul Member Guru

GPU:
    Asus Strix Vega 56
    I don't know why you guys criticize this game so much...
    I just finished this game and I can say - The Run was Fun!
    It was a great game to let my mind turn off and just have fun.

And for anyone interested, I have 5870 and I played it with everything maxed on 1600x1200 (yep, I have 4:3 LCD) without any problems, glitches, tearing... just perfect and butter smooth.

17. undertaker

undertaker New Member

GPU:
    Sapphire 5850 Xtreme
    What driver version were you using for the 5870?

18. KingGladiator

KingGladiator Member

GPU:
    Zotac 580GTX AMP 3gb sli
    While the 30FPS cap is bad the game still plays well enough for me. The bigger issue with this game is that you can clock the SP in just over 2 hours, absolutely ridiculous.

I thought they were coming good after Hot Pursuit which provided many hours of gameplay, now this. I wouldn't recommend paying more then 10-20$ for anyone who is considering to make the purchase.

19. JorGul

JorGul Member Guru

GPU:
    Asus Strix Vega 56
    11.10 preview 2 at the begining, then I tried 11.11a 'performance drivers' because of Skyrim. It was the same with both drivers.

20. undertaker

undertaker New Member

GPU:
    Sapphire 5850 Xtreme
    I have a 2500k + 5850 with 11.11a and can't seem to get rid of the flashing textures. Other ppl at ea forums having the same issue with other cards as well.
    Everything else runs just fine for me.