Need For Speed SHIFT 2 Unleashed

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Xzibit, Nov 16, 2010.

1. Cyrosis

Cyrosis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    HD4000
    That is the worst pro Steam argument I've ever heard.

2. Wanny

Wanny Guest

Well, it's better late than never.

3. avivoni

avivoni Ancient Guru

GPU:
    560ti 448 classified
    actually its a great argument. if wanny and me feel the same about that im sure many others do too. i no longer have a single pirated game and now own over 175 games between steam and retail. many of the game wich i already had pirated ive gotten thru steam now.

Last edited: May 1, 2011
  4. TheHunter

TheHunter Banned

GPU:
    MSi N570GTX TFIII [OC|PE]
    not here though, games on steam are expensive as $hit.. i get a better deal in retail. One really obvious example Cod7 BO 59.99€ in retail 49.99€..

But yea agree, to each his own.

on topic

report to steam support staff, im sure it will be resolved much quicker..

5. reno_skychaser

reno_skychaser Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASRock RX 6600 XT
    I kept looking for Shift 2 on Steam to preorder, but I didn't see anything about the game on there until the day it launched, by which time I'd already gotten a retail copy from BB.

6. avivoni

avivoni Ancient Guru

GPU:
    560ti 448 classified
    same thng happened to me. only reason why i got it retail cause i tought it wasnt going to be available on steam.

7. KingpinZero

KingpinZero Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI Armor GTX1080
    Me too,specially because steam games arent cheap compared to other shops around, and theyre offers arent really that great, price is the same as retail sometimes.
    Honestly what stopped me pirating things is two things:
    - demos
    - cheap keys from known sellers like g2play.net or igx4u.
    To make an example my EAdm crysis 2 LE costed me 29euros, shift 2 just 15, sf4 8 euros, BF2BC 25,CoDBlops 34,99, hawx 2 30.
    All these games were 59,90 over steam.
    Beside that some deals are too great to pass on. I got gta4 Eflc for 12€ last december.
    Other things are nonsense, when dirt 2 came out i got my GFWL retail box at gamestop for 39,90€ while steam version was 49,90 lol.

8. x-speed69

x-speed69 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2080 Ti Lightning
    Anyone still having issues with LE content? because I DO...

it's now been full month with ea customer support and they have no clue what my problem is. last email was two days ago that said:

"Thank you for contacting EA Support regarding your issues with Shift 2 Unleashed and your bonus unlocks. As a gamer myself, I completely understand your frustration, and I will do everything I can to assist you further. I apologize for the inconvenience, but we're currently looking into this issue. Please allow us a little more time to investigate and find a solution."

As a gamer myself.. LOL yeah right....

9. blesner

blesner Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Nvidia GTX 690
    I also thought I had that problem but we do have it, but its in the carlot, not in your garage.

Last edited: May 1, 2011
  10. x-speed69

x-speed69 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2080 Ti Lightning
    ....I know that but they are not there.

11. avivoni

avivoni Ancient Guru

GPU:
    560ti 448 classified
    theres a little mod that will unlock all the unlockable cars then you just need to go buy them in carlot.

12. x-speed69

x-speed69 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2080 Ti Lightning
    how about the extra events? im more interested in them.

13. Hayden202

Hayden202 Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI-TF560ti 2GB - SLI
    About the patch not updating in steam: I contacted Steam support the day after the patch was launched by EA. I have yet to receive any response. If I hear anything useful for the steam users out there I will post back here.

14. Hayden202

Hayden202 Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI-TF560ti 2GB - SLI
    Anyone see noticeable improvements with the patch to drift events when using a wheel? I know it wasn't in the release notes but I thought maybe the input lag issue may have helped? Here's hoping.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited: May 2, 2011
  15. avivoni

avivoni Ancient Guru

GPU:
    560ti 448 classified
    i have not tryd drift anymore but since the accel pedal still doesnt feel quite right i dont think drift has improved. and about the aditional events, i really dont know about those, i didnt get my limited edition cars nor special events, so i just got that little mod to unlock all the cars, then bought what i could, but i guess the events will never have or know if i have them.

16. Ukraver

Ukraver Master Guru

GPU:
    msi r280x oc

yes wheel is better for drifting now . or at least my logitech formula fx is , but i could drift before the patch , just now its alot easier !

17. felang

felang Master Guru

GPU:
    SLI GTX 680
    Thanks... found it

18. FaM

FaM Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 2GB GTX 560

Yes wheel lag is non existent ...its awesome finally seeing my hands and the hands on the screen always matching. Performance is better for me as well...but my framerates drops stupid when im racing with a ton of other cars but guess I finally need to break down and buy a quad core.

19. Djinn206

Djinn206 Active Member

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 980 Ti Classy
    The quad core won't help... I have an i7 @ 4 GHz with a slightly OCed GTX 480 and I have the same problem, especially at night... yesterday I checked CPU and GPU usage while gaming... CPU usage always stayed below 30% no matter how many cars there are on the screen... GPU usage goes down when there are many cars, for example at the beginning of night races when I am in the back of the grid with many cars in front, I have a GPU usage of ~65% with 45-50 fps... if I would have 100% GPU usage all the time I would never dip below 60 fps... in day races I always have 60+ fps, because 65% GPU usage is enough for day races... conclusion: for me it looks like Shift 2 only uses max. 2 cores of the CPU... if it would fully utilize a quad core, there should be absolutely no performance problems with 20+ cars in front...

20. blesner

blesner Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Nvidia GTX 690
    Go to the Carlot, eg: Go to the Lambo that comes with the game, when your at the lambo press left(scroll through the Lambo's) you will see that the Lambo LP45 is there.

BTW you do have an EA account?