Need For Speed SHIFT 2 Unleashed

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Xzibit, Nov 16, 2010.

1. ricardonuno1980

ricardonuno1980 Banned

GPU:
    GTX 780Ti Classified :D
    I detect stair of polygons because the tessellation is still missed. :confused: :(
    EA is bad for dx9 and no dx11 yet about tooo time.

2. ROBSCIX

ROBSCIX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    22" LCD on GTX260 C216
    So are we of the opinion that this will be the new racing game to have?

3. xankazo

xankazo Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1060 SC (6GB)
    I love SHiFT! Can't wait for this one.

4. ROBSCIX

ROBSCIX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    22" LCD on GTX260 C216
    I really liked Shift too from a fun perspective. It has issues and is not a hard-core simulator but it still is a fun game IMO anyway.
    I loved modding the cars when I gained some cash.
    I am looking forward to this game also.

For shift 2, the Elite Handling model sounds like that is what the simmers will be using.

Last edited: Dec 17, 2010

5. FaM

FaM Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 2GB GTX 560
    I loved shift...but when gt5 came out shift will never be played again...now shift 2 says its more of a sim...BUT...then their teaser trailer is a ton of cars upside down in slowmo...I dont know, if its the same as shift 1 again and they dont fix the issues of shift I dont know what I will do.

No motion blur, no reflective cars, make them handle real, K.I.S.S., and dont add stupid track advertising and mess up real tracks with ferris wheels etc. PC's are now capable of destroying gt5 graphics, and EA has the resources....cross our fingers and wait.

6. ROBSCIX

ROBSCIX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    22" LCD on GTX260 C216
    It sounds like they are on the right track this time. I guess we will see in the final product.
    It would be nice if they made the PC game the best they could and then ported to the consoles. Hopefully it won't be the other way around.

7. Redemption80

Redemption80 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    I think it could be the new racer to have, none of the Codemasters games are any good and are more suited to those who use gamepads or keyboard controls anyway.

The original was the only middle ground racer i spent any time with, great visuals and audio, and very good wheel support, it had a few issues, like the slightly annoying cutscenes, over aggresive AI (i liked that, but understand why some wouldn't) and the distracting fairground stuff, but the single player campaign was quite entertaining, and the dashboard cam is the best i've ever saw in a racer.

I would be annoyed if this didn't blow GT5 away visually, with the exception of the Premium GT5 cars, the original Shift looked far better anyway, so lets hope that the PC gets more than a cheap and cheerful port.

8. Jae-So

Jae-So Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3080 Ti FE
    I hope this will be the new go to racing game, finger's crossed, the AI in the first needed work, destruction derby anyone?

9. ROBSCIX

ROBSCIX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    22" LCD on GTX260 C216
    I race with a wheel and pedals so I hope it offers proper support. Shift1 wasn't too bad for wheel support. Considering the hardware available they could make it the best looking racing game out but the gameplay also has to be up to par. I am looking forward to this game for sure.

10. Redemption80

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    I'm sure wheel support will be good, don't see them changing that, Shift picked up my DFGT first time and the default settings were actually pretty good, as opposed to the Codemasters games where i had to edit the registry settings so it picked it up, then spend 30mins setting the wheel up just to go in a straight line lol.

The Dice guy sounded confident about the game, but he would, i'm sure its going to have some arcade moments as i don't believe EA would let it go out 100% sim, so lets hope they have listened to the complaints about the original, and it has alot of improvements as i will no doubt of been playing GT5 most of early 2011, so by the time im bored of that, this will be out, or even rfactor2.

11. ROBSCIX

ROBSCIX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    22" LCD on GTX260 C216
    The Elite Handling modes sounds like a sim mode.

12. F1refly

F1refly Ancient Guru

GPU:
    970GTX-oc edition
    1 They need to lose the NFS title.
    2 Shift is still the best looking of any SIM racer out there. This will top them all for quite some time.
    3 People need to stop arguing over what is considered a "Sim" or how accurate some car is that they never even drove in real life before with all the same parts. Like GT5, dunno how accurate all the others are, but the Honda Civic with my G27 wheel feels amazingly just like my own car that i've driven everyday for the last 5 years. I expect that most other sims are "accurate" enough
    4. there really arn't much of the way in good SIM racers on the PC, Evo,Race on and iracing to me were very bland with little attention to detail. Shift is the best thing the PC has going and Shift 2 will be the only real visually stunning racer for some time thats at least close to Forza/GT5 content and attention to detail..

13. ROBSCIX

ROBSCIX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    22" LCD on GTX260 C216
    I think in terms of accuracy people are talking more in terms of cars all feeling the same....or feeling like they are on tracks or like hovertanks. Ofcourse some of the cars in the game will never be driven by anybody here but we all still know that a car shouldn't feel like it is hovering.
    Sims are not supposed to be "accurate enough" they are supposed to be as accurate as they can be. That is the whole idea behind the concept of simulation.
    I guess everybody has their opinions on shift.

14. F1refly

F1refly Ancient Guru

GPU:
    970GTX-oc edition
    well what sim games have cars that all feel the same? when you change suspension, tires etc, at least the games i've played, i can tell the difference. I can feel many differences in GT5, some more than others but i've played it way more than i have my PC sim games.

I dont think Grid was ever called a SIM, i may be mistaken but i'll agree the cars felt very similar at least from what i remember, but some Arcade racers have different feel between cars. Choice of gamepad and wheels could change what is noticable too.

i'm just taking a guess, but seems if it feels like a "hovertank" then may have the wrong suspension, kits, tires..etc for the race. Some races require certain parts and tunings depending on weather, turns..etc.

I'm far from a pro at knowing anything about racing, just my opinion based on what i've played or how i played them...i'm always willing to learn what other are refering to exactly when it comes to this sorta stuff.

15. Cronik

Cronik Maha Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX 1080
    Need for Speed Underground 1 and 2 are still the best.

16. ROBSCIX

ROBSCIX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    22" LCD on GTX260 C216
    Different games use various models and some are better then others.
    IMO, a sim should be as close to the driving the real car as possible.
    Some prefer less accuray and detail and have fun playing arcade types of racers.
    That was just an example.
    As I said some prefer more precise sim and some want more fun type of arcade races.

17. ROBSCIX

ROBSCIX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    22" LCD on GTX260 C216
    I am hoping Shift 2 tops them all, I guess we shall see.

18. Redemption80

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    Elite handling mode does sound great, as does helmet cam.

NFS Underground 1 & 2 are different type of games, and i while it still has the NFS logo at the bottom of the case artwork, the name of the game is now Shift 2, so hopefully the comparisons to anything other than Shift, will die down abit now.

19. ROBSCIX

ROBSCIX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    22" LCD on GTX260 C216
    Yeah, the helmet cam does look cool. Not sure how it will go with those racers who use racing rigs.
    Looking forward to testing it out.

20. NiukNiuk

NiukNiuk Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI R6950 twin frozr II
    From NFS Planet

[​IMG]