Need For Speed SHIFT 2 Unleashed

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Xzibit, Nov 16, 2010.

1. FaM

FaM Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 2GB GTX 560
    Shift 2 and GT5..I will own both.

I do hope shift2 gets more simlike and ditches the 47 things to click past before starting the race after starting the game.

More cars, more tracks, more seriousness.... and you have my $50, and if you cant do that, just use the engine to make an exact clone of nfs3 or 4 (same cars same tracks I dont even care) and you would have another $50.

2. Xzibit

Xzibit Banned

GPU:
    7970 Windforce
  3. isidore

isidore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080TI GamingOC
    lol, so EA split the NFS franchise into arcade and sim's..interesting..and shift 2 will hit store in spring 2011 even more interesting..i hope they keep there word, and remake the Ai, physics and handling..as this guy said.

4. Trolle

Trolle Maha Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX3070
    if they fix the terrible,horrible delay on the controls it might be a good game(all current nfs games have that issue)

5. Redemption80

Redemption80 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    What delay with the controls?

I had no issues with a wireless 360 pad, or a wheel.

Nice to see they are sorting some of the issue from the first game, im not convinced it will be 100% sim as he kept saying, but it will be nice to get something abit more realistic, that also has great visuals, and the helmet cam thing looks great.

6. Trolle

Trolle Maha Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX3070
    try playing it on console(wich i always do before buying on pc with racers)its beyond terribad there for that reason i wont even try it on pc

7. FaM

FaM Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 2GB GTX 560
    PS3 hardware has maxed out on gt5...shift interiors look better and the power of modern pc destroys the ps3. If EA can do it right we might have a winner. Even the replay camera's were exponentially better in the gt series vs shift...so hopefully they can address that too.

TROLLE:
    The controls on PC are much better and the graphics are so much crisper its not even fair to compare. Im a big gt5 fan now so my pc copy of shift is probably going to collect dust.

8. Redemption80

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    The 360 version of Shift is pretty poor, and the PS3 version is no better, 30fps and aliased to hell.

The PC one on the other hand plays very well, 60fps is easy to manage on moderate hardware, even with AA at 8x, and the game works really well with my DFGT.

The original Shift was a decent port, was more than just the 360 version with a resolution option, and with Dice overlooking it, im sure it won't be neglected, whether it will be as complete, or as good a game as GT5, not so sure, but im quite confident it will look much better.

9. isidore

isidore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080TI GamingOC
    i didn't felt any delay in the controls, but the car wobbling made the game unplayable for me..every car seemed unstable and at high speeds it was hell, that's not simulation.

10. FaM

FaM Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 2GB GTX 560
    lol almost forgot about the wobble...you could let go of the wheel on a straight away at pretty much any speed and it would rock so bad back and forth it would wreck if you let go within about 4 seconds.

11. Trolle

Trolle Maha Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX3070
    well nfs and simulation shouldnt be used in the same sentence imho

12. Burnt_Ram

Burnt_Ram Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1050 Ti
    ive been thinking about buying a PS3 just so i can play GT5 .... but now i'm re-thinking the whole idea. :bang:

13. FaM

FaM Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 2GB GTX 560
    Its worth it if you can grab a ps3 on craigslist for 150 bucks (you can do that all day here in the states)

14. Burnt_Ram

Burnt_Ram Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1050 Ti
    really! you know i just lost out on a deal, my wife works for costco and at xmas they have an employee shopping day and mark some things down alot for the employees, just now the wife tells me they marked a PS3 320GB with 2 controllers and 4 games down to 200.00! and she knew i wanted one if i could find a "good" deal, man i'm miffed at her at the moment ... ohwell.

15. Xzibit

Xzibit Banned

GPU:
    7970 Windforce
    New Screenshots
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

16. Zom51

Zom51 Member Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 680 4GB
    ooo those screenshots look good!!

17. ROBSCIX

ROBSCIX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    22" LCD on GTX260 C216
    I hope it is what people have been waiting for.
    The screenies look pretty good and hopefully will use some of the modern hardware better.

18. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    well done EA, sepia filter all over the place again...

19. Redemption80

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    I don't see any sepia filter, some HDR yes, but not sepia.

Great screenshots, while this probably won't be the best racer, it will def be the best looking one.

20. chris

chris Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX460
    I have noticed this on the Xbox as well with NFS hot pursuit,there is a slight delay in controls on the Xbox that is not present on the PC version.