Need For Speed SHIFT 2 Unleashed

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Xzibit, Nov 16, 2010.

1. fiskadoro

fiskadoro Member Guru

GPU:
    eVGA GTX 460 Superclocked
    Having some issues with straight-line steering too, which I don't remember having with Shift 1. Not sure if it's just a problem with my Xbox 360 controller, but I tried recalibrating that, and have fiddled a bit with the in-game advanced settings too, but to no avail.

Like others mentioned, it feels like if I need to make incremental steering changes on straights, the vehicles react too strongly to even slight steering inputs -- dare I say, it almost feels like I'm using an old-school digital controller rather than an analog one!

If someone is using a 360 controller and has nailed a good setup, please post it here -- it might help a few people greatly, or else it could just be a problem with the game as I've not seen this issue with other driving titles.

On the other hand, I just could suck really badly at this game, or the car I chose is horrible.

2. Burnt_Ram

Burnt_Ram Guest

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1050 Ti
    ya cause all canadians speak french right :)

3. Wanny

Wanny Guest

4. BetA

BetA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    G1-GTX980@1400Mhz
    ey wanny..if u found out how to change the language, please tell me mate. im going crazy if i listening to that sick , stupid bad sync from the germans...i want to play in english, now..:(

thanks, beta:wanker:

5. Wanny

Wanny Guest

Man I keep wobbling left to right with my G25 in this game in straight lines. It's really weird.... I tried many settings but dunno I'm just not feeling :/

@beta couldnt find a way to change language...

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 30, 2011
  6. avivoni

avivoni Ancient Guru

GPU:
    560ti 448 classified
    i found out disabling in control panel for logitech the chekbox to allow game to change or adjust settings. will work much better in game now

7. Wanny

Wanny Guest

So you say to check or to not check "Allow game to adjust Settings" ?

8. BASGTA

BASGTA Guest

GPU:
    Asus DirectCU II 7970 3GB
    What other racing games have you played?

Last edited: Mar 30, 2011
  9. avivoni

avivoni Ancient Guru

GPU:
    560ti 448 classified
    untick the box. so that the game does not adjust them. like so:
    [​IMG]

i guess you could play with damper spring and centering to your liking. and please report back to what settings you found best.

10. Joohan

Joohan Master Guru

GPU:
    Asus AMD Radeon R9 Nano
    Any news/info how to get sli to work with this game?

11. Detection

Detection Banned

GPU:
    2 x 6850 - CrossFireX
    Damn I have 2 x 6850 in Xfire with this game, on max settings Im getting under 30fps, sometimes under 20fps and as low as 17fps

Disable XFire on max settings and I get 47-52fps constant

WTF

Also with a single card the colours are correct, the brightness is normal inside the car

Trying to rename the exe to another game crashes the game

12. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
  13. dominant1

dominant1 Guest

GPU:
    Evga Gtx1070 Superclocked
    I spent 15 minutes with this game and i knew i had been swindled. I haven't bought an e/a driving game in years. I had hoped that this game would break the mold that e/a is known for. Big promises, and no delivery. This is an arcade game plain and simple, the physics are terrible the graphics are sub par, and the game structure is the same as all the previous need for speed titles. I have relegated this disappointment to my 2nd pc which has no steering wheel. I will keyboard race this title till i get sick of its monotony, so as to try to get my monies worth. I've won 4 of 5 races on my keyboard, the 1 i lost was the 1st race. That should explain the type of challenge this game presents!!!!

Don't waste your time and Money!!!!

14. FaM

FaM Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 2GB GTX 560

yeah no kidding, apparently he's never had a friend sit him in front of gt5 with a wheel and been turned loose.

Im going to buy the gt500...turn a few hotlaps and post it on youtube...then uninstall and go back to gt5...I had aspirations for this game above what EA could reproduce....you could have remade nfs2 with the hot pursuit engine and I would have been happier.

15. dominant1

dominant1 Guest

GPU:

Sli worked fine for me, and i also use nvidia surround for a triple monitor display..the game set it up automatically, it works fine...check your pc settings...

16. avivoni

avivoni Ancient Guru

GPU:
    560ti 448 classified
    default sli is not working i have cheked this with afterburner one gpu stays a 7% always.
    making an inspector profile and using slibits from gtr2 or another one i forgot will use sli both gpus seem to be used but not much improvement in game performance so not sure whats up with that.

17. dominant1

dominant1 Guest

GPU:
    So based on your theory my triple monitor display through nvidia surround should not be working? Because you cant run a triple display surround with sli not functioning. Well mine works on this game....The reason 1 of your gpu's shows more activity then another, is with Sli 1 gpu is assigned for physics and display calculations, the other is display only. I see this when after every long session of gaming, my 1 card that handles the display and physics calculations, is about 10 degrees hotter then the 1 that just does the display calculations.

Sli works in this game....!!!

18. Burnt_Ram

Burnt_Ram Guest

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1050 Ti
    whats a good wheel to get for this game for around $100? seems my MSFF wheel isn't suppoerted!

19. FaM

FaM Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 2GB GTX 560
    logitech driving force GT is the best 100 dollar wheel you can buy (when you can find it for that).