Need For Speed SHIFT 2 Unleashed

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Xzibit, Nov 16, 2010.

1. ThatDelirium

ThatDelirium Master Guru

GPU:
    Radeon HD5850 1GB
    So... 40 additional events for pre-ordering? Are those events that can be unlocked or are going to turn out being paid DLC?
    Because the game itself has 66 events apparently, and with the other 40 that makes about 106? So by not pre-ordering you lost almost half of the total events?

This is somewhat confusing, and stupid. Can't help but notice that amazon and the EA Store were the only ones having pre-orders too, what's with that?

EDIT: there is an achievement for winning 75 events apparently, so then that implies more than 66, so then how many events are there in the generic game without the pre-order events?

Last edited: Mar 29, 2011
  2. morbias

morbias Don TazeMeBro Staff Member

GPU:
    -
    It's not the pre-order, I think it's the 'limited edition' that has the extra events.

Dunno why they called it the 'limited edition' that just makes me think they have cut stuff out of it :p

Oh well, ordered it anyway, should get it on Friday. I hope my wheel is supported out of the box instead of having to screw around with configs like Shift 1.

3. Liniuxs

Liniuxs Member Guru

GPU:
    MSI HD5770
    Alright, I will make few more pictures later, if you guys intresting

4. Eastcoasthandle

Eastcoasthandle Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nitro 5700 XT
    I would appreciate it, thanks. Perhaps you already have an idea in mind but if you are open for suggestions I would like to make a few:

-same cars if possible exterior/interior (at start of the race if it's easier for you)
    -more of the same locations on different tracks

5. andressergio

andressergio Master Guru

GPU:
    GALAX GTX 1080Ti HOF SLI
    damn i was hoping some nicer stuff shift 2 stutters like hell on my SLI of 570's...and edges are very bad on cars and mirrors...pffff

6. damien666

damien666 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    gtx580 EK H2O @36'c load
    hi all ive just started the game and i have to say at first the incar view with the helmet on is weird as i kept thinking i was turning and i wasent lol... its a weird sense to drive but after a few laps im use to it sort now and i like it :)))

i quiet like this game in helmet view is great and i like how the car reacts to the road.. people keep saying its arcady but i think its quiet nice sim style.. i think people complain to much now day about games

I QUIET LIKE THIS GAME SO FAR, stuff i hope is in this game they removed from older ones are

-performance tweaking like ecu from underground2
    -if i buy a car i use this and not have to learn a hole new car set-up on every race as they prove the car for me, i like the old underground2 type buy a car and use it till you feel u need to buy a new one :))
    -i hope the sound is good, most car games fail in terms of rear sound effects like cars and stuff, ive not use 5.1 yet but im hoping it good :))

ill find out soon when i crank up my surround sound and 102" screen :))))))

7. Corbus

Corbus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Moist 6900 XT
    i like this game alot ,it runs smoother than the first one , its more optimised cpu oriented. as for Graphics their better than the first exception making some shadows and AA which is bad quality even at high even on supersampling..

8. Burnt_Ram

Burnt_Ram Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1050 Ti
    kinda glad i didnt get this, it sounds like a downgrade from the original ...?

9. Peerless

Peerless Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX 980 sli 4gb
    Inital reviews from users of the game have scared me into not getting it. I think I will work on getting race 07 to work better and move my pre-order to dirt 3. Even though I am a tarmac guy at heart.

10. ThatDelirium

ThatDelirium Master Guru

GPU:
    Radeon HD5850 1GB
    Doesn't sound like that to me, I haven't played Shift 1, but from it seems more like they did improve it a bit, mainly with there being much more content available.
    Graphics seem to be a different matter however.

11. isidore

isidore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080TI GamingOC
    console port?what the fock did you smoked??..look at this..it stunning...the best looking racing i ever played..and the gameplay is much better then shift 1..the driving feeling is awesome..

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 29, 2011
  12. serbicu

serbicu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080Ti
    I don't know about others, but IMO the game is AMAZING!..i mean i play at pro level and with AI on medium and the feeling it's just right with the car...and the game looks very very good and runs smooth:D.

I'm a very experienced player of FORZA 2 & 3 and for me it's the best car simulator ever, and i must say this NFS comes close..

I play with the 360 controller, don't try to play with the keyboard(you have no feeling with it)..this game should be played with a proper racing wheel...

13. Wanny

Wanny Guest

Anyone gave it a try with G25 wheel...? Might try this one I don't know...

14. couam

couam New Member

GPU:
    nvidia gtx460
    Sorry to say that Isidor but your first screen (the two other wasn't ingame) are typically the aliased and blured look from console. The first shift have far less aliasing for sure.

15. isidore

isidore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080TI GamingOC
    what!? the other two are not in game? my friend the second and third pic is in game, after you finish the race the camera show the car from different angles..

the first one is blurred cause of the speed, i suggest you play the pc version, and see for yourself how good this game looks in motion..it's stunning.

16. couam

couam New Member

GPU:
    nvidia gtx460
    Yes that's it, you don't play with this quality for the two last screenshot, and yes I buy this game and I'm very disappointed.

17. BahamutxD

BahamutxD Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 1080 GamingX
    Where is the antialiasing? I see edges everywhere with everything maxed at 1080p :X

Also, 30fps :) Can't believe they test their games before release.

18. The Michael

The Michael Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 680 Lightning
    Damn, no time for it! Have to work my ass off atm, ****. :(

19. ThatDelirium

ThatDelirium Master Guru

GPU:
    Radeon HD5850 1GB
    Some racing games on console usually look much better during replays and cutscenes than while racing, GT5 is a prime example of that. Shift 2 seems to do it as well.

20. serbicu

serbicu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080Ti
    Have you even played the game!

It's by no means a console port!!! the game doesn't even have a console menu and i play with the 360 controller.

The AI is not agressive at all.

The game looks very very good, has all the right collors, runs very smooth.

The helmet cam it's perfect IMO, it gives you the right feeling.