Need For Speed Reboot Announced

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, May 22, 2015.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    Need for Speed returns in Fall 2015 to PS4, Xbox One and PC in an action driving experience that unites the culture of speed, video after the break....

Need For Speed Reboot Announced

2. Grafdelwer

Grafdelwer Member

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970 OC
    Finally. Always a good choice to go back to your roots. ;)

3. CronoGraal

CronoGraal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI R9 390 8GB
    They already used the Most Wanted name twice, now they want to reboot the original name?

edit: looks more like a NFSU reboot. If it handles like the last few games I might have to pass.

Last edited: May 22, 2015
  4. TheDeeGee

TheDeeGee Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA GTX 1070 8GB
    After watching the Trailer... Need for Gangster...

The last good NFS was Porsche Unleashed, tho i think NFS 3 (Hot Pursuit 1998) was one of the best releases ever in the series. The vibe, the cars, the tracks it was perfect.

5. Cartman372

Cartman372 Maha Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1660Ti
    I agree completely. NFS Porsche Unleashed and NFS3 were and still are among my favorite racing games. I enjoyed NFS2 a lot as well. NFS Underground 2 is up there as well.

EDIT: I wish it were easier to get Porsche Unleashed and NFS3 running on a modern computer.

Anyone know of a way to get Porsche Unleashed running on a Win7 64bit setup? Everything I've tried in the past only kind of works and even then the install is tricky and chooses not to work.

6. Ven0m

Ven0m Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080M
    +1

It's a sad thing when the original Hot Pursuit had much better driving model and wheel support than the reboot. 2005 Most Wanted was enjoyable a lot too, especially with a force feedback wheel. After seeing all the recent NFS games, I doubt they'll make a next classic, and rather release yet another poor Burnout copy.

Well, I haven't tried that but I can see EA releases more and more old titles, rebuilt to work with modern OSes and hardware. There's some hope.

7. vbetts

vbetts Don Vincenzo Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti
    Didn't they reboot it not too long ago?

And as silly as this sounds, why no Wii U Port? The last NFS game did great on the Wii U.

8. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    did it last year, im off to bed now but ill post/pm you when i wake. ill be dreaming of you.. j/ks Pretty sure i just plain installed from mem...ah, no. I had to install some glide plugin or something.

9. scatman839

scatman839 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    1080, KD55XD800
    Extra cost involved for a smaller market, not to mention 5-6 months development time on top of the original release

10. SHS

SHS Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire Vega 56
    I could care less as it not going to be available on Steam any way

11. CronoGraal

CronoGraal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI R9 390 8GB
    I thought so too, but after I looked through their library it was their Most Wanted "reboot" I was thinking of.

12. warezme

warezme Master Guru

GPU:
    Evga 970GTX Classified
    Really? Steam is crap. All it is a middle man that under guise of updates all it does is interfere with running games you already paid for and shoving crap in your face for you to buy.

13. SHS

SHS Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire Vega 56
    No that only apply to games update to help keep cheater from cheating.
    Oh dear god did you even look in setting to turn that off wow are we so lazy those day?? Steam > Settings > Interface > Notify me about additions or changes to my games, new releases, and upcoming releases - untick the form field.
    A simple search would have yielded you this on Steam Forum, but no, you have to get angry about a pop-up from a service that you use for free. Makes sense to me.

14. Reddoguk

Reddoguk Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX3090 GB GamingOC
    Looks better than GTA 6 ^^ Franklin confirmed in NFSR. Well sounded like him at least.

The old British Racing Green RUF Turbo 911/996 looked cool.

15. Huigie

Huigie Active Member

GPU:
    RTX 3090 FE
    Can't be bothered, last versions had no SLI support...

16. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus RX580 XTR 8GB
    What a true gamer.

17. 0blivious

0blivious Ancient Guru

GPU:
    5700XT / GTX1070
    The PC racing game genre is getting kind of full now. I don't think NFS has much place in it anymore. There are numerous quality titles out there and NFS has burned us many times in the last decade.

18. Porsche Unleashed should work without problem on Windows 7 x86_64, maybe there is some sort of driver incompatibility.

3DFX Voodoo glide was needed for NFS 2 SE. For NFS 3, there was some sort of DX7/8 patch online, other versions should work without problem (in software mode, both NFS 2 and 3 should work without problem in "ugly mode", there was some problem with resolution in NFS 3, but i can't remember what was solution).

On topic, my expectation is very low considering last few NFS's, in fact, I'm at point where I've lost interest in that particular series.

19. Cartman372

Cartman372 Maha Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1660Ti
    I'll be waiting for you ;)

I haven't tried since I got my GTX680 soooo...maybe it'll work fine now.

20. rl66

rl66 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire RX 580X SE
    With the trully ****ty NFS Rival, NFS movie edition and what they have done with NFS World (fired the dev team and put 2 geek instead, accept cheat mod and make premium car at more than 100$ have chased the player.) server will shut down the 15th of Jul. 2015.

i don't think that EA can exploit the licence and make a good game...

i was a big fan of NFS, since the 1st one in wonderfull 32 color with raging buzzer motor engine, but since NFS shift each new release areworse than previous one and far better than next one... it's sad as i am motorsport addicted (in game and real life).