Need for speed payback

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by WhiteLightning, Jun 2, 2017.

1. Darkiee

Darkiee Master Guru

GPU:
    7900XTX
    I need a new King for NFS, the original Most Wanted is just the place holder for me. NFS from 2015 was great fun, and still sometimes play it.
    But none of the NFS games, beats the original Most Wanted. Sure, that game could have more tuning, well, heck, all of these games should have more precise tuning options.

I´ll keep an eye on this.

Edit:

Since these are just arcade... Why won´t they let us make, say a 2000hp monster? And just wreck the wall with it? ^^

2. Karl

Karl Active Member

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 3070
    I don't mind the story but I absolutely hate the camera work and vehicle handling in the newer games. Instead of having simple camera they add stupid camera effects that makes the camera shake all the time.

Monchis likes this.
  3. ramthegamer

ramthegamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac Trinity 3080
    u can turn off camera effects, easy and need for speed 2015 is actually one of the best games in nfs since underground 1 and 2

4. BangTail

BangTail Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 2080 Ti XC
    Did a little googling but could not get a definitive answer about whether this supports wheels or not.

Does anyone have any idea?

5. LocoDiceGR

LocoDiceGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3060 Ti
    Im pretty sure it will have support.

6. BangTail

BangTail Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 2080 Ti XC
    Yah, I hope so although there does not seem to be a definitive answer about this (that I can find at any rate).

7. LocoDiceGR

LocoDiceGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3060 Ti
    You can ask them on twitter/reddit.

8. drandiiski

drandiiski Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1060 6GB OC
    Most of the newer NFS titles had little to no wheel support. Even if it worked, it was very bad and the physics engine does not translate to wheels as it should.

9. kx11

kx11 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    tried the trial and i noticed the CPU usage is all over the place even though ii was running 4k ultra settings

crazy stuff

10. ObscureangelPT

ObscureangelPT Guest

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1650 Supe
    @kx11 Not sure where to start but.
    First the graphics, the graphics at least in the video seems rather uninteresting.
    Gameplay wise, typical generic arcade game.
    A lot of bad voice acting going on too, giving you indications all the time, like we can't figure out from ourselfs..
    Stuttering, a ton of it.
    Races seems highly scripted, even evading the cops it is now scripted with pre-determined paths that the user needs to take.

For now, it seems just horrible in all regards.

11. kx11

kx11 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    i was playing the campaign so everything felt scripted , and yes it does feel like the older games a lot like same streets ...etc nothing major that makes it a fresh experience

i still want to understand why the cpu usage is all over the place and hiccups here and there

12. ObscureangelPT

ObscureangelPT Guest

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1650 Supe
    @kx11 Even so, it wasn't suppose to be so much scripted for the campaign.
    Anyway, I already subscribed for 1 month in origins access, so I'm also downloading, it will just take half a day (slow connection here), but tomorrow I should have the results for my Ultra low voltage laptop (which should barely "run" the game at 25fps lol), and as soon as I get back home which will be in friday, I might take a look on my ALSO old desktop to see how it is going on.

Obviously framerate will be far away from 60 on my both machines, but it should give me an ideia about the stutters and the CPU usage.
    I will let you know.

Cheers

13. LocoDiceGR

LocoDiceGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3060 Ti
    The game have positive feedback from players in reddit...(thats WOW) because you know...reddit. :rolleyes::D

14. BangTail

BangTail Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 2080 Ti XC
    Apparently there is no wheel support JFYI.

I'm enjoying it, it's an arcade racer through and through with a very typical NFS 'story' (which means not very good, but the stories were never good and I don't think that's a huge selling point).

It runs ok @ 4K Maxed (does not hold 60), much better @ 1440P and no SLI support as of yet but there should be as it is Frostbite.

Sadly, as with most arcade racers there is an inherent amount of forced 'drifting' (aka unnecessary garbage) which should always be optional imho.

JM2C.

Last edited: Nov 2, 2017
  15. chispy

chispy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    I left the trial of the game downloading early today , will play it once i get back home and i will leave my feedback and first impression of the game , gameplay and how it runs on my hardware on this thread later today.

@Li4m79 , @ramthegamer and @morbias , my good old friends are you guys ready for some racing on this new tittle :D ?

16. LuckyNumber8

LuckyNumber8 Guest

GPU:
    I'm looking at GAMEGPU benchmark results, and even 1080p requires 980ti (still good GPU) if you want solid 60fps. I dont know how consoles even run this game?

17. signex

signex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4070 Super
    I get very bad lag spikes when you drive in the city in the prologue, anyone else experience this? it goes as low as around 34fps.

18. DocStrangelove

DocStrangelove Guest

GPU:
    MSI RTX2080 Super
    If there's no police in freeroam i'll pass anyway

19. signex

signex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4070 Super
    There is i think, at least i saw one bypassing me chasing someone in freeroam.

EDIT: No there isn't sadly. :( i heard ppl asking about this on reddit too.

Last edited: Nov 4, 2017
  20. 0blivious

0blivious Ancient Guru

GPU:
    7800 XT / 5700 XT
    No wheel support means this game is really not intended as a racing game. That's the 1st clue that this isn't quite right.

Need For Speed is not a title I get interested in when a new one releases, not for a really long time. They went south and there are so many better racing games now, we don't have to simply suffer through whatever junk NFS incarnation is available anymore.