Need for Speed Most Wanted 2012 Thread

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Xzibit, May 26, 2012.

1. nethaniah

nethaniah Member

GPU:
    ASUS GTX Titan
    I'm actually shocked how little (if any) singleplayer there is, sure they said ''we build the MP first'' but this? Is this the future of the NFS series? No thanks Criterion, go do that to your own series, leave this series alone, i want my progression, even the Burnout series has it and it's better for it, everything unlocked at once just leaves you with nothing to do and that for only 50 bucks!

Also let's face it, when the console versions run better than the pc one there's something horribly wrong and ofcourse there is other stuff that's kind of weird like no custom soundtrack, something which both consoles have, pure laziness.

Last edited: Nov 13, 2012
  2. Gembel

Gembel Master Guru

GPU:
    Asus GTX660 DirectCU 2
    What? console runs better than pc? :puke2:

3. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX1070 iChillx4
    Its very pc dependant. i hardly have any slowdowns at 1920x1200.
    minimum is about 50fps for me.

4. nethaniah

nethaniah Member

GPU:
    ASUS GTX Titan
    More consistent framerate imo.

5. Gembel

Gembel Master Guru

GPU:
    Asus GTX660 DirectCU 2
    Must be at 30fps...If that's the case our PCs can handle that too mostly..
    Don't know whats on criterion mind by saying "PC directX 11 runs 300% better" Did they even try the NFS MOST STUTTERED ? :bang:

6. INSTG8R

INSTG8R Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nitro+ 5700XT
    Yep it all kinda got lost when the "Undergrounds" appeared for me(No interest in "Ricing") Then MW brought back some light. Despite alot of folks not liking Pro Street I enjoyed it. It still to this day has the best use of a clutch(Beating even Sims) The SHIFT's appealed to me as a Sim Racer but they just never quite got them right.

The Origins of INSTG8R was that it went on your License Plate in the first NFS so yeah been a long time fan(Still got my PS1 saves)

It just seems to have lost it's way...

7. nav-jack

nav-jack Master Guru

GPU:
    980 ti 1520/2000
    yeah when i'm maxxed at 30fps locked, which is quite smooth. i dip down to 25-20fps... but its never jerky or horrible...

i'll defend this game because i didn't pay for it, but i'll play the f**k out of it.

EDIT: is it mostly people on Intel cpus and Nvidia that have the most exadurated fps issues? just wondering.

Last edited: Nov 13, 2012
  8. nethaniah

nethaniah Member

GPU:
    ASUS GTX Titan
    The Intel/Nvidia crowd may be more vocal about it but it's not definitely not exclusive to people owning those types of hardware.

9. sajib

sajib New Member

GPU:
    Asus geforce 460 2gb
    I finished this game. Don't like it. I think when they were developing burnout paradise 2 , they changed it name to most wanted 2102.

10. zimzoid

zimzoid Maha Guru

GPU:
    2xEVGA980TiSC+(H20) Swift
    Not having those issues with my intel/nvidia setup, I,m getting a constant 60fps smooth game play:) i have sli disabled no oc applied to my card, my I7 3930k is running at 4500mhz, Acer HN274H @ 120hz, Win7 64bit. Why is this game working fine for me when so many are having issues?

11. nethaniah

nethaniah Member

GPU:
    ASUS GTX Titan
    Guess you're just one of the lucky few, do you have everything maxed out?

12. tweakpower

tweakpower Banned

GPU:
    MSI HD 6770
    I don't know why you miss leading people, you posted video about smoothness, and as perception differ from person to person, it is fair from you to say "The game look smooth for ME on 30FPS, and even when it deeps to lower.

I did already suggested that perception is subjective thing.

13. zimzoid

zimzoid Maha Guru

GPU:
    2xEVGA980TiSC+(H20) Swift
    Motion blur=off Shadows=medium everything else maxed

14. Radiopassive

Radiopassive Banned

GPU:
    Gainward HD 4870 1G
    My sincere apologies to any disabled person who might feel offended by my rugged joke attempt.

I don't question the premise many physically disabled people can be capable of faster-than-lightning reaction times in videogames. That's why I used the word "maybe" in my original post.

15. me7

me7 Member

GPU:
    Radeon 280X 3GB
    Precisely. Some people like to brag how Criterion tried hard to remake the pimp-my-ride atmosphere of the EA Black Box games but failed because they are incompetent.
    Truth is, they never tried, they just made Burnout Paradise 2 and the executives at EA slapped the title Need for Speed on it.

16. Smartino

Smartino Active Member

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX 580
    I have to agree with you guys, I actually felt like it was more of a burnout game than a real nfs(most wanted sequel) after the first race. I really like the chasing and avoiding of police etc. but crashing and banging away other cars seems mandatory, which I don't like. I wanna race and chase, and not have a really unrealistic boxing match while doing so :)

17. deets75

deets75 Guest

I wish it was Burnout 2, I utterly loved that game. I can understand those who paid £40 being pretty peeved off with the port but I paid just over half of that and think I will get value out of it.

18. The Michael

The Michael Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 680 Lightning
    If they'd only kept the handling of Burnout or the new Hot Pursuit...
    I still can't get warm with the handling in this game.

19. tweakpower

tweakpower Banned

GPU:
    MSI HD 6770
    Handling is the same as in HP or BPUB, they did kept it, problem is, that engine is broken, and probably you pushed graphic too far and it have influence on controls.

For all people who have handling problems, turn OFF v-sync, go lower with graphic, handling is direct and precise, even more direct and precise than in HP.

20. Li4m79

Li4m79 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xPalit GTX770 Jetstream
    i bought this game expecting a burnout esq game and that is exactly what was delivered.... a casual game than can be picked up and then put back down whenever....

YES it has many flaws, but so does every game out there, this is still a fun jaunt if you take it for what it is!