Need for Speed Hot Pursuit

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by YuKsS, Jun 15, 2010.

1. ravageuk

ravageuk Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 580 SLI
    Guys, does anyone know if i purchase a CD key for my version of the game, will it work? im using a clone dvd version at the min, but i really wanna play online, i dont wanna get a serial key just incase it kicked my ass out and bans me for using a cracked version

2. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 1080TI
    listen carefully. i downloaded game from an unlegit source in ISO file format mounted it with daemontool. started to install. it asks for a CD KEY. i entered my LEGIT cd key there. it accepted and installed. then u dont need any ISO file or to mount it in DT. there u have a legit game :). and u can ACTIVATE ur CDKEY in to EA DOWNLOADER..u can download from there too.

But at your risk.

3. FaM

FaM Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 2GB GTX 560
    If some1 dl'd the game and wanted to try it out...then someone could hit the cancel button when it asks for the key and then it wouldnt bug you again...then of course you cant play online..but if you find out you like it...then buy it...the whole serial activation can be skipped as long as you replace a certain exe with a happier one.

4. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2
    What a great game this is... shallow as hell, yes, but thrilling and lots of fun, definitely a return to basics for the series. Also it's back to form for Criterion after the (IMO) dull Burnout Paradise. This new game feels a lot like Hot Pursuit 2 on the PS2 meets Burnout (the references to Takedowns for one thing). Looks great, not too jaggy despite the lack of AA, and audio is competent if unexceptional plus it's nicely presented. The police chases are just as enjoyable to play as the races and only the time trials lack instant excitement. Still they add to the variety and online this game plays as lag-free and smooth as it does offline so kudos to the developers for that. I'm using the Xbox 360 controller and the game plays beautifully with it; the cars having just the right amount of twitchiness to them so you can't just stab accelerate and win, you have to brake to slide around corners and avoid other traffic.

As with others I've noticed the odd night effects where the police sirens don't cast proper lighting except, strangely, in the tunnels and I haven't seen any rain either, only the wet roads and audible thunder. Despite those bugs though (which I hope will be fixed in a patch) the game runs flawlessly at 60 fps with nary a hitch or stutter. In fact the game is so undemanding that I can hear my GTX 580 yawning as runs the game with its metaphorical eyes shut. The temperature never exceed 60 C!!!

Last edited: Nov 19, 2010

5. rayzorz

rayzorz Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX680
    How is the performance on this game, anyone tried it on lower spec pcs?
    I only have access to my laptop atm and sadly it's not really that powerful so I'm not really sure whether it'll be playable or not.

The laptop has: i5 @ ~2.5GHz and a mobility 5650. It runs NTW decently on high, but games like split/second and SC:C are barely playable on lowest setting.

6. Darren Hodgson

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2
    P.S. I downloaded a NoDVD crack to avoid having the disc in the drive but found that once you enter the activation key that the game runs without it anyway (like Battlefield Bad Company 2) so that was an unexpected bonus. :D

7. death_samurai

death_samurai Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Palit 970 GTX jetstream
    Wow this game is better than that stupid dirt 2. No doubt they made it easier but allowing your car to function despite ramming it into walls and you're unable to fall off a cliff but it all adds up to the fun.

This game is pure action man. None of that BS fall off the cliff shyt and you're out or F1 rally crap that focuses on everything else except the most important aspect which is the racing itself!

8. Mike Z

Mike Z Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 670
    Are there crazy crashes that involve like flips and parts flyin' off the cars ? How's the car damage ?

9. DF-1

DF-1 Maha Guru

GPU:
    EVGA gtx 580
    I lost my Call of duty world at war DVD but i had the CD key. downloaded the pirate copy, when it asked me for CD key i put it in instead of copying the cracked files.

Works fine even today. (did the same with assassins creed 2)

clonedvd= the game dvd copied. just don't put any cracked files, put the CD key and ur good. it'll work.

10. Year

Year Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 690
    nothing wrong with action games, but focusing on tweaking a car to perfection (F1, Richard Burns Rally, GTR etc) is the real meat of a hardcore game, maybe it's not your thing but it's not crap.

on the other hand i have nothing agaist arcadeish mindless games with big bombastic explosions, skateboard car handling etc, for the short while that i tried NFSHP i thought it was good. ;)

11. ravageuk

ravageuk Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 580 SLI
    Cheers for the help on this copy subject guys, it wont be long untill im leaving ya'll in the dust when i have my new D2D version installed :p

12. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 1080TI
  13. ravageuk

ravageuk Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 580 SLI
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OO4I4-GmEbg < gameplay vid, plenty of crashes to judge for yourself lol.

14. ManofGod

ManofGod Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire R9 Fury Nitro
    How do you add a friend to autolog? I am in there but do not see anyway to add a friend.

15. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 1080TI

16. Mike Z

Mike Z Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 670
    I like that. It's much like takedowns in Burnout Paradise. I know that Criterion had their hands in this before anyone says anything.

17. BASGTA

BASGTA Member Guru

GPU:
    Asus DirectCU II 7970 3GB
    One night of smoking heavily the time trial races are so similar to the races in the first Need for Speed, as in you drive these exotic cars point to point around numerous different areas.

18. Li4m79

Li4m79 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xPalit GTX770 Jetstream
    NFS Most Wanted + NFS Carbon + Burnout Paradise = NFS Hot Pursuit

19. ManofGod

ManofGod Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire R9 Fury Nitro
  20. Darren Hodgson

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2
    I'm Daz1967 if anyone would like to add me as a Friend for Autolog? I haven't got any yet so the more the merrier if just to have someone to compete against for track times.